A Better Builder is needed

mc3cats

I am new to Wherigos. I love the Wherigo caches but we have so few in Washington State where I live. I want to do my part by adding more Wherigos. The major problem is the cartridge builders I have seen are quite cumbersome to use and I have yet to see a tutorial that makes the process of putting together a Wherigo cartridge easy. Does anyone out know if GS is planning on putting a more user friendly builder OR knows of a builder that doesnt take a computer geek to build a cartridge?

I really believe the major problems with the Wherigo program is the lack of GPSrs that can run the program AND the lack of a decent builder. GS Lackeys, if you are reading these logs, this is your chance to fix a wonderful program and at same time get more cachers into Wherigos!

There are two non-Groundspeak builders: Earwigo and Urwigo. Check out the pinned (and non-pinned) threads in this section of the forum, using those words in the Search box.

Basically:

- Urwigo is like the Groundspeak builder on steroids - drag'n'drop steroids :(

- Earwigo is Web-based and has a completely different approach from the other two.

People are using both to create bigger cartridges than they could otherwise manage (without going insane, or getting repetitive strain injury) with the Groundspeak builder.

Edited by sTeamTraen