dissappointed

im not one to (complain), but this game we play does have some very simple rules to follow. as of late have been caching with this other guy and everytime we find a cache that has swag he takes just about everything but doesnt replace it. this cacher also has a bunch of cache hides many need maintenance, ie, he has one cache he took some fellow cachers to they logged that "co is going to replace" he doest disable instead he post a note, container replaced will update coordinates soon. my final (complaint), he likes to hoard trackables. this game is fun and ive had a great time playing and will continue but it just pisses me off when someone cant follow the little simple rules. maintain your cache hides or get rid of them, move trackable, take some thing leave something. pretty simple and painless.

Edited by mtn-man
im not one to (complain), but this game we play does have some very simple rules to follow.

Ironically, the forums also have some very simple rules to follow.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

2. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.

I would also suggest you just talk to him and also lead by example. It was easy for me to edit your post and show you better words to choose (in parenthesis) and point you to the relevant guidelines. Try this same tactic and maybe you can win them over to a more fair way to cache.

There's a nap for that.
Actually I have a seriously hard time picturing Mtn-Man caching with a Droid, or any sort of "smartphone". I can just barely picture him caching with an Oregon or Colorado. I'm even a bit disappointed that he doesn't use a matchstick on his wristwatch or the moss on the trees.

Please keep your caching friend away from my caches. I have a tendency to get mad (even) when someone does something like what your friend does.

I would totally out anyone I found doing that.

ive thought about outing him since he does cache in oregon, but mostly in washington.

There is going to little patience in this hobby for a thief.

Just so you know... technically you already outed the friend.

There's a nap for that.
Actually I have a seriously hard time picturing Mtn-Man caching with a Droid, or any sort of "smartphone". I can just barely picture him caching with an Oregon or Colorado. I'm even a bit disappointed that he doesn't use a matchstick on his wristwatch or the moss on the trees.

Who's to say that he doesn't? Have you checked his GPS? It might be just a hollow shell to carry more matches in.

There's a nap for that.

Who's to say that he doesn't? Have you checked his GPS? It might be just a hollow shell to carry more matches in.

Nawww... he said he had a Droid. Sad to say, but he's a wuss. Certifiable wuss, at that. At least it wasn't an "i" anything.
There's a nap for that.

Nawww... he said he had a Droid. Sad to say, but he's a wuss. Certifiable wuss, at that. At least it wasn't an "i" anything.

And welcome to vacationville, population: knowschad

If this guy is older than twelve you will not be able to change him.

Stop caching with him.

My wife exwife used to try to change me.

Isn't there some sort of prayer about this? 'give the power to change the things etc....'

Yep, the Serenity Prayer...

There's a nap for that.

I do use my watch for a compass. I always wear an watch with minute and hour hands instead of a digital watch. I use the old trick of pointing the hour hand at the sun and using half the distance to the 6 as the south mark. At night I know the stars like the back of my hand, so no problem there. If it is cloudy, I stay home and read the forums.

Please keep your caching friend away from my caches. I have a tendency to get mad (even) when someone does something like what your friend does.

ive thought about outing him since he does cache in oregon, but mostly in washington.

Again, please read the guidelines for these forums. You should not out this person.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

There is going to little patience in this hobby for a thief.

Just so you know... technically you already outed the friend.

The one thing that really bothers me is the hoarding of trackables, since those are technically someone's personal property. Taking a bunch of swag and not trading is rude, but taking trackables and keeping them IS stealing.

im not one to (complain), but this game we play does have some very simple rules to follow. as of late have been caching with this other guy
I... will... resist... temptation... to check... logs... I will... resist...

You know you can't resist hitting that button, you know the one, the one right there that will show you the rest of the saga. Oh you have good intentions just like all those people who don't mean to slow down to look at the bad wreck on the freeway but in the end the pull is just too much.

Tell me you didn't take this guy along when you went to the one the Scouts have did you?

come on they're just trying to get a merit badge

yea I peeked, I'm not the one who said I was above it

no i did that one by myself, and its to small for swag. he will be at the geocache campout this weekend, im sure he will clean out any caches with swag and trackables.

this fellow cacher im speaking of, went to my new cache today, I put a lot of decent swag in it, i showed up as he was signing the log, i walked up to him asked how it was doing the cache and noticed the swag was emptied out, well darn he was FTF so asked him where all the swag was, well no real answer from him but he put it all back. I felt like checking on his TB hotel he has in front of his house and there is a few trackables listed but not there, he was the last one to log them, I'm sure he is hoarding them. just makes me irritated. dont mean to beat a dead subject but, needed to vent.

I think I would find a new friend. Or I might take into account that he might not know the rules, and I might try to explain them to him. However, if he did not want to listen to the rules, I would never invite him along again.

My mom thinks we HAVE to trade something each time we find a new one. Alot of the ones we have been to have had stuff that noone wants and I would not want to take it to another cache to trade, but she still wants to trade. Finally I told her if she was going to be doing the trading, then she needed to get her own stuff to trade and not trade mine. (-: She quit wanting to trade my stuff real quick.

im not one to (complain), but this game we play does have some very simple rules to follow. as of late have been caching with this other guy and everytime we find a cache that has swag he takes just about everything but doesnt replace it. this cacher also has a bunch of cache hides many need maintenance, ie, he has one cache he took some fellow cachers to they logged that "co is going to replace" he doest disable instead he post a note, container replaced will update coordinates soon. my final (complaint), he likes to hoard trackables. this game is fun and ive had a great time playing and will continue but it just pisses me off when someone cant follow the little simple rules. maintain your cache hides or get rid of them, move trackable, take some thing leave something. pretty simple and painless.

I would:

1a: Stock up my swag bag, and make a very obvious point of replacing the swag this 'friend' of your's takes out. State what happened in your logs.

1b. Make every effort to get to the cache first and grab the TBs myself. If he wants to fight over them, then I'll oblige.

and/or

2. Let EVERYONE in the local community in on your 'dirty little secret' by any and every means possible.

and/or

3. Stop hanging out with this guy. Calling him a jerk would just be giving the other jerks a bad name.

I would try option 1 first for a few caches. If no improvement is shown, quickly move to options 2 and 3