Android APP is here......

It's finally arrived! Just downloaded it from the Market - $9.99 so same price as the iPhone.

Boat firmly missed with this one, I fear. Given there is a plethora of good geocaching apps already available for the Android.

Ditto.

Oh - and I couldn't even buy it through Market for my phone if I wanted to, because Groundspeak haven't ticked the box to say it'll run on smaller screens.

Aah well - no great loss yet... :blink:

Edited by keehotee

Ditto.

Oh - and I couldn't even buy it through Market for my phone if I wanted to, because Groundspeak haven't ticked the box to say it'll run on smaller screens.

Aah well - no great loss yet... :blink:

Same here (Pulse Mini). I wonder if it does actually work on small screens. I possibly could install it through app brain but I don't really want to throw $9.99 at it when I'm already a happy user of Georg.

I think we'll probably find that they will start going after the screen scraping apps from here on in.....

Maybe they should have spoken to the developers of certain "other" android apps who appear to have got it right.

Is there a trial version or do we have to "suck it and see?"

I have no problem paying for it if it's any good (as I did with for the crackberry app, Cachemate and GSAK)

There is a dedicated thread for the Android App in the main forums. It may be worth looking/posting in there. I don't have an Android but my son does so may get him to get the app so I can have a look at at it - out of curiosity.

PQ's and Oregon for me!

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

I have no problem paying for it if it's any good (as I did with for the crackberry app, Cachemate and GSAK)

No trial version - but Market has a built in 24 hour return policy, so you'll get a day to play with it....

Does anybody know if it actually does anything (useful) that Geobeagle doesn't?

How is the X10 mini? When I saw it available on a £15 a month contract I was pretty tempted. I think I have a couple of months left on my current contract.

(off topic) I love my X10 mini. I dislike "iPhone" sized phones, so when I saw the small X10 I went for it. Battery life isn't brilliant - need to charge it every night if using it moderately. The rest of it is great. I never had mobile data before, having just had bog standard Nokia phones (and used them just as a phone) so this is a breath of fresh air.

No trial version - but Market has a built in 24 hour return policy, so you'll get a day to play with it....

Does anybody know if it actually does anything (useful) that Geobeagle doesn't?

I had a look at the reviews on Appbrain.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.Groundspeak.geocaching

Not favourable and most people agree it's too pricey. People with iPhones are used to paying through the nose for apps, but Android as a platform is often 50% of the price for the like-for-like products.

Disappointing reviews. I'll be sticking to c:geo until something better comes along.

Editing post now! Seems c:geo breaks geocaching 'terms of use' according to this. Oh dear.

:laughing::anibad: moderator, moderator....wheres the moderator????? (p.s. me too) or geohunter.

I was one of many that was very much looking forward to the "official" gc.com app for droid. And one of many that have been disappointed.

Perhaps after some tweaking and a few updates it will be worth the price...but as it is, its not even the value of Cachemate (which, btw, I like ALOT even if it is the slowest at processing large queries.

How come he said c:geo? I must say that I found it much better to go on the website, create a couple of pocket queries and download them into georg than to wait several minutes for c:geo to download 20 caches via 3g. The whole process was done in 10 mins and I have instant access to 1000 caches down here in Devon.

Edited by insx

How come he said c:geo? I must say that I found it much better to go on the website, create a couple of pocket queries and download them into georg than to wait several minutes for c:geo to download 20 caches via 3g. The whole process was done in 10 mins and I have instant access to 1000 caches down here in Devon.

Ditto

I load PQs to geobeagle the same time I load them to my Oregon. Job done....and I have the option to go online with geobeagle if I'm outside the PQ area :rolleyes: