GPSMAP 62/78 software version 2.44 Beta

allory

Just update to the newest version, 2.50. Out now.

GAH!!!! I updated to the BETA and it worked almost perfectly. I still had a couple of reboots when connecting the unit to the cigarette lighter power but, otherwise, it worked flawlessly. I saw this post about the RELEASE version and updated to that. No, no, no, no, nooooooooooo.............

My wife and I went out geocaching yesterday (25 finds, 2 DNFs) and the unit locked up multiple times. It's like they broke things they had fixed in the beta release. I'm going to try to roll back to the beta.

For what it's worth, I went on a 5.5 mile hike with 2.50 and it worked just fine. No lockups or other problems.

The lockups won't happen on a hike. They happen when you miss a turn or recalculate off road or on road (from whichever way you were previously). This was a major issue with the unit which seemed to have been corrected in the beta release but is now back. After installing the beta, my wife and I did a caching run and snagged 41 caches. We had no problems. After installing the release version we did a 25 cache run and had multiple lockups.