Great Garmin Customer Service

Lately, I've been blasting Garmin over their Birdseye product. But, they've shown me again that they do have excellent customer support for their hardware.

I called them yesterday to order the battery terminal for an Oregon 200 that I have owned for over a year and a half. One of the battery clips on the bottom of the unit broke off and I thought I would save money by replacing it myself. To make a long story short, they couldn't find it as an orderable part. So, they gave me an RMA # to RETURN the unit and get a replacement for free. Wow! I was flabbergasted. During my conversation with the customer service representative, I never raised my voice and did not get mad about the situation and was never expecting them to cover something on a unit that was way out of it's warranty period. THANKS GARMIN!

Lately, I've been blasting Garmin over their Birdseye product. But, they've shown me again that they do have excellent customer support for their hardware.

I called them yesterday to order the battery terminal for an Oregon 200 that I have owned for over a year and a half. One of the battery clips on the bottom of the unit broke off and I thought I would save money by replacing it myself. To make a long story short, they couldn't find it as an orderable part. So, they gave me an RMA # to RETURN the unit and get a replacement for free. Wow! I was flabbergasted. During my conversation with the customer service representative, I never raised my voice and did not get mad about the situation and was never expecting them to cover something on a unit that was way out of it's warranty period. THANKS GARMIN!

I've had 2 similar dealings with Garmin. 1st, was my old eTrex Legend (Classic clear-Blue). I bought it from a sporting goods store, with the full replacement warrantee, etc.. The rubber seal came loose, leaving it vulnerable to water leaks. (not good when you're caching on a rainy day.) I had already sent a note to the sporting goods store, and they mailed a gift card for the price I paid. (which was on sale, and no-longer in stock.) Which left me wiht an unsealed GPSr. I wrote to Garmin's service and was asked to send a shipping address.. in 4 days, a rather oversized box arrived via UPS. Inside, besides 4 packing pillows, was a replacement seal & tape. I ended-up getting another GPSr (my 1st NuVI) with the gift card, and was able to re-seal the Legend.

A recent "Mandatory" update Garmin released for the NuVI 1300 (my 1st NuVI 205 got a cracked screen, 2nd unit got stolen.) crashed it. (total lock-up) In less than 2 weeks, after I was able to find time to ship the crashed one back, I received a refurbished 1300 back. (with more air pillows.. Yipes! I keep flashing on the scene from Spaceballs, with the president opening a can of air.)..

Garmin does look out for their customers! Despite Magellan and Lowrance being in the business longer, Garmin is still a #1 product for me!

Just got the replacement today. This unit looks brand new! The unit I sent them had a perfect screen, although the body was very dinged up. All I can say is that GARMIN customer service is AWESOME!

It seems to depend on who you deal with anymore. I needed a new suction cup for a nuvi that was 1 ½ months out of warranty. Pieces of rubber are coming off and staying on the windshield. The customer service rep. said no way, out of warranty. I ended up having to buy a new one and it cost less than $6 USD shipped (not from Garmin, they wanted ~$9 shipping). I have over 20 registered GPS’es with Garmin. You’d think they would have thrown me a new bone to keep me happily playing catch with them?