Notices for the Inside of Cache Containers

munchtime

Hello Good People

I am hiding a series of 12 caches. I have seen in caches, laminated notices saying "Congratulations, you have found a Geocacahe, intentionally or not.............. etc. Some very professional, some not so. I want to produce my own as I have ran out of money spending over £ 100.00 on the series. Is there a site with the words that I'm looking for?

Thanks

Munch

... and once you've got your notice printed out you may want to laminate it.

You don't have to have your own laminating machine - You can just buy/obtain a few laminating pouches and then DIY using a warm iron and something like a thin hanky between it and the laminating sheet. (Don't use it on the steam setting! :unsure: )

MrsB

You don't have to have your own laminating machine - You can just buy/obtain a few laminating pouches and then DIY using a warm iron and something like a thin hanky between it and the laminating sheet. (Don't use it on the steam setting! :unsure: )

MrsB

is that a frilly hankie?

You don't have to have your own laminating machine - You can just buy/obtain a few laminating pouches and then DIY using a warm iron and something like a thin hanky between it and the laminating sheet. (Don't use it on the steam setting! :blink: )

MrsB

is that a frilly hankie?

No. Ironing over frills will create wrinkles on the surface of the beautiful, new, pristine laminated label. :unsure:

MrsB

You don't have to have your own laminating machine - You can just buy/obtain a few laminating pouches and then DIY using a warm iron and something like a thin hanky between it and the laminating sheet. (Don't use it on the steam setting! :laughing: )

MrsB

is that a frilly hankie?

No. Ironing over frills will create wrinkles on the surface of the beautiful, new, pristine laminated label. :(

MrsB

Is there a brand better then others in damp conditions? I have seen many when caching that were split when the cache was damp.

Most of the cracked laminated stashnotes I have come across are the ones that have to be rolled or curved to fit into a circular container or are too big for a smallish cliplok box so have to be curved unto an inverted U to fit into the box.

A better solution for those with access to a Laser printer is to print the stashnote onto waterproof paper. Don't even think about doing this with an inkjet though

Edited by Just Roger

GAGB also have some notes and cards that can be printed. Some have a phone number on that people can phone if they find a 'stray' or 'problem' cache.

It is in the downloads section of the GAGB website.

I also agree with Just Roger ..... waterproof paper is the way to go. I use Toughprint for all my stash notes and labels on my cache containers. They have been out for a number of years without having to be replaced (although I have to soon .... as GAGB have recently changed the contact phone number). I also have one micro cache and the log book is made out of waterproof paper. It was still in good condition when I replaced it with a new one after it was full and had been out for 9 months (with both sides used).

I've just bought in some caches from 2005 - I laminate the cache label, with the "Congratulations, you have found a Geocacahe, intentionally or not" text on the reverse side, and attach it to the inside of the lid with transparent Duck tape - survived 5 years with no problems.

As others have said, its when the laminated sheet is bigger than the cache and has to be folded or rolled to fit in that problems arise.