New cacher that needs Geo 101

I was trying to find the reviewer for the San Diego, CA area so I can see if he/she would email a cacher there that seems to need some guidance. He has only 8 caches and has picked up 3 trackables (one is mine) and then he never does anything with them. I wrote him a month ago and he said he was at camp (child maybe?) and would take care of it the next week. Never did!! Also he is geocaching in cemeteries at night. I don't know why people pick trackables up if they don't know what to do with them. FRUSTRATED HERE IN OHIO!!! Anyone know who the reviewer is in San Diego?

I was trying to find the reviewer for the San Diego, CA area so I can see if he/she would email a cacher there that seems to need some guidance. He has only 8 caches and has picked up 3 trackables (one is mine) and then he never does anything with them. I wrote him a month ago and he said he was at camp (child maybe?) and would take care of it the next week. Never did!! Also he is geocaching in cemeteries at night. I don't know why people pick trackables up if they don't know what to do with them. FRUSTRATED HERE IN OHIO!!! Anyone know who the reviewer is in San Diego?

How is the reviewer going to help here? Reviewers jobs are to ensure/enforce that caches meet the guidelines. They have no control over how players play the game.

Having said that to find a reviewer in an area look up the description for a cache in the area, find the very first log entry, and that will be the reviewer.

Cheers

I doubt that reviewers get involved in TB issues, but as a cache owner, I did once receive an e-mail from Groundspeak asking that I provide any information I had about a TB that was last seen in one of my caches (I was surprised that Groundspeak got involved in TB issues, but apparently they do). So you might consider contacting Groundspeak. Although I suspect that the only thing Groundspeak could possibly do is e-mail the person who took the TB, which you've already done without success.

It is indeed frustrating to have a TB get stuck in another cacher's hands, but it's very common - in fact, that's precisely where the majority of my geocoins have ultimately ended up. But I did have a coin make a trip across the Atlantic recently--my first coin to leave the USA--and that kind of made up for all of my coins that are now sitting in the bottom of someone's bag/drawer/car/wherever.

While I can understand your angst, I don't believe the reviewers intervene in matters of policing outside of the actual caches.

Try to contact once more and then honestly, you'll have to let it go.

Good luck

I am almost certain that the Southern California reviewers will not intervene in a travel bug issue.

After Keystone moves this thread to the Travel bug forum, Eartha may be able to give you some advice.

:unsure:

The most important thing to remember about TBs is that you better say goodbye when you release them. Anything can, and usually does happen. I personally have only released ten. Eight disappeared within a year. The people that are supposed to be holding them have their emails invalidated so I can't even contact them.