LOG UP DATE?

Pat in Louisiana

I Received email notice that one of my bugs was placed in "This Old House" April 21 by brg10. When I go the travel bug's page there is a log of this but there is on link to "This Old House". It also does not show up on the "Map" of the bug’s travels. I have emailed brg10 and asked him/her to re-enter the "Left a Travel Bug" log but I have not heard back. Is there any way I can update this. Would it be wrong to log in at "This Old House" as a find and that I dropped off the travel bug even though I actually didn't?

icon_confused.gif

Pat in Louisiana

18371_200.jpg

I never get lost. I simply investigate alternate destinations.

yes you can do that and then you can delete your log afterwards so the log doesnt count as a find for you but the bug stays there. You might want to e-mail the cache owner and let them know what you are doing. I usually just log what I am doing and that is sent to the cache owner.

quote:
Originally posted by Pat in Louisiana:

Would it be wrong to log in at "This Old House" as a find and that I dropped off the travel bug even though I actually didn't?

Pat I don't think the system will let you do this because the bug is not shown as being in your possession. I'm wondering, as a last resort, if deleting the "pick up log" by brg10 on the bugs page will "move" it back to the previous cache(probably not but like I say, as a last resort). You could then log a "I have it" putting it in your inventory and then log "This Old House" as dropping off the bug.

There has to be an easier way????

Good Luck, Olar

wavey.gif

Nope. Deleting the logs does not retrun the bug to a previous position. What you would need to do is coordinate with the current holder of the bug.

Having the bug's 6 digit number, I as the bug's owner can grab it from the current holder, place it in the This Old House cache, and then the current holder can "re-retrieve" the bug.

You might want to have the current holder delete their bug post just for clarity when everything is done.

Markwell

Being new to this whole thing... would this technique also show the miles traveled? I placed my first travel bug and it hasn't shown any miles yet as to how far it's traveled... no matter how many people have grabbed it. I'm sure it's traveled more than 30 miles... just can't tell how many!

What can I do? I'm very hesitant about grabbing it out of someone else's posession for fear of REALLY mucking it up!!

surrender.gif

quote:
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers (1879-1935)

quote:
Originally posted by spiderlady56:

Being new to this whole thing... would this technique also show the miles traveled? I placed my first travel bug and it hasn't shown any miles yet as to how far it's traveled... no matter how many people have grabbed it. I'm sure it's traveled more than 30 miles... just can't tell how many!

What can I do? I'm very hesitant about grabbing it out of someone else's posession for fear of REALLY mucking it up!!

Actually, you can't muck up the mileage unless you PLACE the bug somewhere it didn't go. Since the TB doesn't have coordinates, its mileage is calculated by the coordinates of the caches in which it is placed, one after the other after the other. Also, since you, the owner, have the tracking code, you can grab the little sucker any darn time you feel like it, even if it is not in a cache. This allows you to "fix" things if he moves and it's not logged. Also, you can "place" a bug without doing a "find". Just log a note. I have done this when my hubby placed a bug for me when I could not go out with him.

I've been lucky so far, people who grabbed my bugs knew how they work, but I'm not above writing someone and holding their hand through the process if they say they left a bug or picked one up and forgot to log it on the TB page! icon_wink.gif

Happy Trails!

Candy

Candy (moosiegirl)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/