finding out who owns the wood

i want to set up a few caches in some woodland nr rowsley derbyshire where i used to play as a child. the wood used to back onto my grandparents house and has several public footpaths going through it. i asked my grandma if she know who owns it but she doesn't know. how to i find out as i would like to get thier permission before i place anything.

Email a mod. They'll advise if it's on NT land or otherwise.

Thanks for the vote of confidence currykev but reviewers are better placed to answer this question.

GAGB is probably the best place to start (as already stated) and then if you still haven't found out from local sources you can contact your local reviewer for advice but as MrsB has pointed out below they aren't there to tell you who to get permission from.

Geohatter

**Edited to correct advice re reviewers. Need more tea to wake me up**

Edited by geohatter

If its a rural woodland, then I would be asking the local farmers. If it is a urban then I would be starting with the local council parks & woodlands department.

Also, many woodland areas have signs at the start of the main bridleways/paths saying who owns it, often with a contact number. As sssss says, local farmers whose fields ajoin the woodlands would probably know who owns them and the local Parish Council may also have such information.

It's not part of the Reviewers' job to find out for you who owns the land but when they review a new cache submission they will check it against the MAGIC interactive map which shows land managed by certain organisations. For further information about getting landowner permissions have a read here: "Follow the arrow" - Getting Permission.

Good luck with your caches :unsure:

MrsB