How Do I?

How do I add photos to a post please?

If it's your own photo first you need to upload the photo to a website somewhere, you could use something like flickr or blogspot, or your own website. Or you can upload it to Geocaching.com by adding it to a cache or a log. If it's a photo that's already on the internet you don't need to do this bit.

Once you've got a picture on the internet you need to find it's address, the easiest way to do this is to browse to the page with the picture and right click on the picture, in Firefox there's a menu item to "Copy Image Location", I think there's something similar in IE but can't remember as I don't use it any more.

Now when you are adding a post there's a little button which looks like a tree at the top of the box where you type the message, hit that, and in the box that comes up paste the address you just retrieved above. This will add a bit of text something like:

but containing square brackets instead of the squiglly ones.

Job done.

Edited by MartyBartfast

I don't add it to any internet site first at all; just add from my computer!

Without posting a new log somewhere to check, I think all you do is write your log and when you submit it, it then asks whether you want to upload a picture to the log. Either that way, or by revisiting your log later where there's a couple of blue links below, the second of which says "Upload an image for this log" and clicking on that, you can then click on the "browse" button which will enable you to seek your photo from your own computer. If you wish to add a caption and description, you can, and then press "upload".

Edited by Original A1