Going back to a cache to pick up a travle bug. Is this ok?

The Irish Pirates

sorry but i disagree here. Never return to a cache just to pick up a TB. If it got placed into a cache after u went well tough luck you missed it!

Also another thing which annoys me is people who pick up a TB which they have had before. TB's goals are to meet new people not the same people ova and ova again! IF U HAVE HAD IT BEFORE LEVAE IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

But if I can help a TB with it's goals, I should be able to get it, which is why I asked here icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by lathama:

sorry but i disagree here. Never return to a cache just to pick up a TB. If it got placed into a cache after u went well tough luck you missed it!

Also another thing which annoys me is people who pick up a TB which they have had before. TB's goals are to meet new people not the same people ova and ova again! IF U HAVE HAD IT BEFORE LEVAE IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

Can I have a loan, I'm low on cache!!

I'd say it's ok to return to a previously visited cache to pick up a TB as long as you don't log it as a find. Just post a note on the cache page. I think it's fair game. The travel bugs are meant to travel around, and if a person wants to help it do so, then I think they should have a right to, and if they are helping it on it's goal, all the more better. On the other hand, if the goal is say, to go to New York city or something like that, and it's in a cache that you have previously visited and you want to grab it because you are going to New York on a trip soon from your home in say, Texas. I'd say it's getting close to bad etiquette to grab it. On the other other hand, I grabbed a bug from a previously visited cache, but it's goal is simply to travel to all fifty states, and since I'm going on a trip out of state next week, I thought I might as well. So to make a long story short, I say as long as you aren't helping it along on it's goal too much and ruining the fun for others, it's perfectly fine to grab it.

I guess it depends on the circumstances.... For instance, I have plans to go back to another cache that I went to before to get a bug that's there right now to place in a cache that I've never been to before, but I'm waiting until after the holiday weekend in case someone else gets the chance to go there that hasn't been to that cache before...

Just a thought, but if a bug hasn't moved in a few weeks, then someone should move it on to another cache, plain and simple.

I think it is OK to go back just to grab a TB. TB's are meant to move. If you are going on vacation and want to move TB's, go for it. Take the cannonball run for example. If you see a racer in a cache and know you can help it along, do it. Sometimes bugs get stuck in a cache. Maybe the cache is tough and doesn't get many visitors. So if it has been there awhile, you grabbing it and moving it anywhere is helping the goal. However, if a bug has a specific goal, and is in a busy cache, and you cannot help it toward its goal, leave it.

Dorothy: "How can you talk if haven't got a brain?" Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"