Fimo Coins - Technique for making the cane for the Geocaching Logo?

somegeek

cane?

Caning - A two dimensional design is constructed in three dimensions, with the various colored elements of the design extending all the way through the form from the front surface to the back surface. Once the initial form is completed, the form, known as a "cane," can be sliced (with the blade held parallel to the front surface) to produce a number of nearly identical copies of the design

cane?

Caning - A two dimensional design is constructed in three dimensions, with the various colored elements of the design extending all the way through the form from the front surface to the back surface. Once the initial form is completed, the form, known as a "cane," can be sliced (with the blade held parallel to the front surface) to produce a number of nearly identical copies of the design

it's basically like a stick of rock like you get at the seaside

that's a fab cane - I've only ever done flower petals and leaves with any success

I made some with Sculpy clay a few years back. Here's a photo that shows my 'cane' with some of my teeny tiny GPSrs.

planet2.jpg

There are some more photos here. Check out some of the stuff made by other cachers, it's pretty cool.

I didn't use a tutorial, I just had to think it through really carefully. You make the thing big to start, and you have to press on each side over and over to shrink it down. There is a book for this art. The Art Of Sculpy or something like that. I should get back into making some of those. Maybe updated GPSrs, or something.