Travel bug MIA - Jason's Excuse - HELP!

Guest infosponge

Guest infosponge

This travel bug:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=769

...is currently missing in action.

I have a $10 amazon.com gift certificate waiting for anyone who can help me find out who has this travel bug.

It was taken from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood near Tampa, FL on 12/12/2001. The person did not log the cache at the web site and did not log the travel bug either. The log entry was very hard to read...all I could tell was that their first name started with a "W" and they were from Clifton Park, NY.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Guest MissJenn

Perhaps you have already tried this, but it couldn't hurt for me to mention this:

Click on SEARCH above and try the Search by User Name feature. If anything comes up, you can individually click on each user and see if they're from NJ.....etc...

Good luck.

------------------

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power. - Ashleigh Brilliant ©

Guest infosponge

I did a brief search of caches in zip code 12065 and didn't see any logs that might belong to this person. It's possible they don't log to the web site, or that I didn't see them there. There was another cache with a travel bug that went missing via and un-logging cacher, so maybe they've done this more than once. Don't know.

I may just have to punt and start another travel bug with the same goal. This time, I'm attaching a laminated tag with more instructions about using a travel bug, including "if you ain't gonna log it, don't take it...". icon_frown.gif

Guest infosponge

I did a brief search of caches in zip code 12065 and didn't see any logs that might belong to this person. It's possible they don't log to the web site, or that I didn't see them there. There was another cache with a travel bug that went missing via and un-logging cacher, so maybe they've done this more than once. Don't know.

I may just have to punt and start another travel bug with the same goal. This time, I'm attaching a laminated tag with more instructions about using a travel bug, including "if you ain't gonna log it, don't take it...". icon_frown.gif

Infosponge,

I definitely feel better with a laminated tag on my bugs though that doesn't help either sometimes. I've had one bug of mine gone MIA in PA and another that I had helped someone from CA launch in NY and that one went AWOL after one move. The bug of mine that went missing I am thinking of sending off another from the same spot with the copy of the original TB tag... what good does the copy do us anymore?

Good Luck... I will keep my eyes open in NY for you.

't log to the web site, or that I didn't see them there. There was another cache with a travel bug that went missing via and un-logging cacher, so maybe they've done this more than once. Don't know.

't log to the web site, or that I didn't see them there. There was another cache with a travel bug that went missing via and un-logging cacher, so maybe they've done this more than once. Don't know.

Guest Badger1602

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

Infosponge,

I definitely feel better with a laminated tag on my bugs though that doesn't help either sometimes.

What do you put on the laminated tag?

Badger,

Here is the text off of one bug tag I sent out...

This is the front side with geocaching logo... off shoot of stash note.

Congratulations, you've found him! Intentionally or not!

This is part of a worldwide game dedicated to GPS (Global Positioning System) users, called Geocaching. The game involves a GPS user hiding "treasure" (this traveler, Biker Bob), and publishing the exact coordinates so other GPS users can come on a "treasure hunt" to find him.

IF YOU FOUND THIS BY ACCIDENT:

Great! You are welcome to join us! The only rules are: if you take Biker Bob you must go to the geocaching website and log in the travel bug ID on his dogtags. We ask only that you help us keep up the fun. If you wish, go ahead and take him but only if you plan on hiding him again and recording his location by way of coordinates from a gps and logging those coordinates into the geocaching website. If there are any questions at all I can be emailed at ttepee@bestweb.net

Please, let us know that you found him, by visiting the website listed below. Geocaching is open to everyone with a GPS and a sense of adventure. There are hundreds of sites all over the world. Visit our website if you want to learn more, or have any comments:

www.geocaching.com

And the reverse side has some pics and story of the bug and it's goals.

Biker Bob and his Trusty Bike Gecko

Geocaching Travel Bugs

Bob the Biker (a distant relative of Bob the Builder) and his Trusty Bike Gecko are motoring their way across the country from the Hudson Valley in New York in hopes of being reunited with their friends, Charlie and Max, in Los Alamos, New Mexico someday. Since the boys last saw Bob and Gecko they have added a new sister to their family and are anxious for them to meet.

They would appreciate any help you can offer them by fueling their trip from cache to cache. Any photos and mementos of their adventures along the way that could be shared would be sure to create great big smiles.

Please log their travel bug!!

If you need help on doing so, email ttepee@bestweb.net

If you would like to download a Word doc version for reformatting for your needs you can download it here. http://www.bestweb.net/~ttepee/bikerbob.doc