pc says gc already exists.....but its not in my gps!

GCGAL

Soooo, I have spent quite some time downloading geocaches into my nuvi. I check my gps and there are "no matches found". I go back to my pc and download it again...still not there. Message says this file already exists and gives me the option to overwrite it.

Whats going on?? I thought maybe my memory was full so I've deleted a whack of maps but still no luck.

PULEASE help me!! :P

How are you "downloading" the caches into your nuvi?

The same as always, with the usb cord. I've been doing it this way with no problem.

Are you using the "Send to GPS" button on each cache page, or are you doing a Pocket Query and loading the caches using GSAK and the Nuvi macro (the vastly preferred method)?

Are you deleting the old files after you are done? If not and you keep loading new files eventually the reader in the nuvi will not be able to read them. I know with my nuvi 550 I can only load 200 individual caches before it won't read. If I load them as a pocket query I have had up to 1500 caches (thats 3 query files) loaded and it will read them. I haven't tried more than that.

How are you "downloading" the caches into your nuvi?

The same as always, with the usb cord. I've been doing it this way with no problem.

Are you using the "Send to GPS" button on each cache page, or are you doing a Pocket Query and loading the caches using GSAK and the Nuvi macro (the vastly preferred method)?

Yes i'm using the send to gps button. I don't know how to use "the vastly preferred method", sorry. This has only started on Saturday. I thought I loaded like 20 caches but only the first 4 were there when I went on my merry way on Sunday.

I have now deleted everything hoping it was a memory issue, but still nothing.

When you plug your nuvi into your computer and go to the my computer and then the drive that shows your nuvi, Then the file that says garmin then gpx files is there any thing showing in that file? If the caches you have downloaded show and isn't over the limit of your nuvi's capability. You might have to do a master reset. I have had to do this 1 time. Kind of sucks because you loose all your data and settings.

When you plug your nuvi into your computer and go to the my computer and then the drive that shows your nuvi, Then the file that says garmin then gpx files is there any thing showing in that file? If the caches you have downloaded show and isn't over the limit of your nuvi's capability. You might have to do a master reset. I have had to do this 1 time. Kind of sucks because you loose all your data and settings.

so there are files (gcs) in there but they are not in my gps. I tried the link sent by another person and downloaded a tonne of "stuff", now I just have to figure out what to do with it all.

The good (and bad) news is I now have a pocket query of 500 gcs ! LOL Careful what you wish for they say.

Thanks to everyone for your help! Very much appreciated!

This will make your life so much easier: link.

It will take a little time to get everything right, but when you've followed all the steps, you will have all the pertinent info. that you need, without clicking "send to GPS" 1500 times.

Thank you SOOOO much! I followed the link and "did all that stuff" and now have 500 gc!! Where do I start??lol

It's all good if I can remember how to do it over again!

Happy caching!