Logs not wrapping?

9Key

I haven't yet seen the log wrap problem... but... I have noticed recently that when I use 'through profile' email to a user, that sometimes when it comes back as a quoted portion of the message, the wrap is definitely lacking... Not in the copy I receive, not in the actual reply text... just the quoted part and not all the time. What I see during creation and in my copy is fine... I hope the recipient sees it fine... haven't had any comments on that in the replies. Only seems to happen during the profile message send. Other email and forum notes seem fine.

Last time I saw something like this it was simply a conflict over just what was an end of line marker... and the size of a line. But that was a long time ago...

Doug 7rxc.

When viewed on their own page, they wrap until you get to

chachatiff found [Multi-cache] 4000 / 750

Wow... I don't even know where to start... Like Casting Crowns mentioned in his log, we got a VERY early start yesterday

that one doesn't wrap even when viewed on it's own page

I see nothing in that log that would seem to be the culprit. I even copied it and put it on an unpublished cache of mine, where it wraps okay.

When I edited the log Isonzo linked there were no line breaks to be seen. I copied the text and pasted in notepad: still no line breaks. I tried in Firefox and Chrome with the same results. Very curious. I'm certain that log is to blame (along with one on this cache but I won't waste time finding which one).

I will write it up, but since we will probably move to the new WYSIWYG editor currently on the trackables pages soon I don't think we'll worry about fixing the bug.

Well, to be more specific, yesterday I used Firebug to view the source. It clearly shows "nbsp" between all the words in chachatiff's logs.

Just now I looked at the source in UltraEdit, which is like Notepad on steroids. At first glace, it looks like normal spaces in chachatiff's logs, but when I turn on the HEX viewer feature of UltraEdit, it shows the spaces are ASCII xAO instead of the normal x20.

might this be a function of the logs being written in some text editor? picking up some formatting there and then, the user copies and pastes it?

I would suspect that particularly here, because the log owner anticipated going over the character limit, so composed the log in something where they could keep count. Just guessing.

might this be a function of the logs being written in some text editor? picking up some formatting there and then, the user copies and pastes it?

I would suspect that particularly here, because the log owner anticipated going over the character limit, so composed the log in something where they could keep count. Just guessing.

I thought that too, but after pasting to Notepad I was under the impression that those formatting eccentricities were stripped out. That didn't happen in this case.

Well, to be more specific, yesterday I used Firebug to view the source. It clearly shows "nbsp" between all the words in chachatiff's logs.

Noticed this a while ago. I thought I mentioned it in one of the release notes threads but can't remember.

Just now I looked at the source in UltraEdit, which is like Notepad on steroids. At first glace, it looks like normal spaces in chachatiff's logs, but when I turn on the HEX viewer feature of UltraEdit, it shows the spaces are ASCII xAO instead of the normal x20.

0xa0 is a non breaking space according to this Wikipedia article.