Travel Bugs in Event Caches

scoutpaddle

I have two trackables that have been logged in two different Event caches ie they are in the cache inventory. One event was for Saturday, 03 July 2010 and the other was Saturday, 17 July 2010. Both event caches have many many trackables in their log. I don't understand what is happening. Why are they still there? What will happen to these trackables? Will they be put back in caches where all of us can enjoy them and move them from cache to cache?

The idea is that since there is a large group of people it increases the chances that someone there will be able to assist the bug towards its goal. It's better than a random cacher visiting a standard cache and maybe they can help it.

You pretty much set them out on a table and people pick and choose.

It has been my experience that the best thing for a bug is to simply move it to another cache down the trail.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I just had a quick look at the Mega Scotland event which we attended on 31st July and there are still 227 trackables logged into that event - although I note that about 70 are a collection of geocoins belonging to the same person.

What is the reason to log travel tags into an event caches. Who has possession of the tags? I still do not know the process.

The usual process is that if you plan to attend an event, and have some trackables you want to move along, you log them into the event beforehand - Most cachers seem to do this a few days before.

Then when you go to the event there's usually a table set aside for trackable item, or sometimes a large box, where you can place the travellers. If they don't have any mission/info sheet attached to them it can be helpful if you put them into a temporary plastic bag with a note saying what their goal is (if they have one).

Cachers attending the event then look through all the trackables and pick up any that they feel they can help with their journeys.

MrsB

I was wondering about this too. One of our TB's is logged into a GeoWoodstock VIII event cache--along with over 800 others. :) So is there an actual cache out there that people can go find right now? Or is the cache strictly for the event, and it ceases to exist after the event is over? What happens to the TB's that don't get picked up or traded at the event?

So is there an actual cache out there that people can go find right now? Or is the cache strictly for the event, and it ceases to exist after the event is over? What happens to the TB's that don't get picked up or traded at the event?
The event host may have picked them up. Or some attendees may have just not gotten around to retrieving them yet.