Photo of the weekend

Ooh!! I love it!! What a cute cute wittle cwab!

I didn't really get a lot of chance to go caching this weekend, but I have a cache trip planned for tomorrow to Eastern Oregon since I'm going out there to chat with a land manager about permission for an Earthcache, and I hope to take some nice pics on the way :o Nice thread idea!

Ooh!! I love it!! What a cute cute wittle cwab!

I didn't really get a lot of chance to go caching this weekend, but I have a cache trip planned for tomorrow to Eastern Oregon since I'm going out there to chat with a land manager about permission for an Earthcache, and I hope to take some nice pics on the way :o Nice thread idea!

I look forward to your pictures!

Opps!

Didn't realize the image was going to be so large!

Would you rather me post a link to it or just leave it as is?

It's fine, but in the future just use ImageShack's resizing tool. Click "Upload Options / Resizing" and select 800x600 in the drop down menu.

Thanks!

I wondered how to do that...always came up enormous!

Will do from now on.

I've been to Muir Woods quite a few times. The last time I was there I realised how tiny the park is, just over 559 acres (226 hectares.) I discovered a trail which led out of the park and hiked up to the top of Mt. Tamalpais (Mt. Tam) and back. Now I see there be caches on the periphery of the park, It's about time to visit it again. :P

I've been to Muir Woods quite a few times. The last time I was there I realised how tiny the park is, just over 559 acres (226 hectares.) I discovered a trail which led out of the park and hiked up to the top of Mt. Tamalpais (Mt. Tam) and back. Now I see there be caches on the periphery of the park, It's about time to visit it again. ;)

I wish we could have hiked more, but our kids (ages 9 and 6) are not the most agreeable hikers. I was happy that they did the big loop with minimal complaining! :P I was glad we got there early, even though it was foggy and chilly--it got really busy by the time we left.

Opps!

It's fine, but in the future just use ImageShack's resizing tool. Click "Upload Options / Resizing" and select 800x600 in the drop down menu.

Thanks!

Will do from now on.

Also, if you've uploaded a pic to your cache log, you can get the url from there. Pictures uploaded to gc.com are resized enough to fit well in the forums. :P

Opps!

Thanks!

Will do from now on.

Also, if you've uploaded a pic to your cache log, you can get the url from there. Pictures uploaded to gc.com are resized enough to fit well in the forums. :P

That's also good to know.

Thanks!

Opps!

I'd leave it as is but man! your head is huge! :D

Haha, it's hard to argue with you on that, the picture does not do justice!

;)

I'll just say it's the hat. :P

this was a great idea for a post

The altoids one is whicked but funny.

I had no idea anything in NYC had anything that looked like that.

I used to live in Monterey and have been to Muir Woods several times. I knew the picture instantly when I saw it. I miss that place.

Jordan and Riley are both really cute.

We have a thread for great sunsets from the cache, but I don't recall seeing a photo of the trip or photo of the weekend thread. Seems a good thing to have, so might as well start one.

I'll kick it off with a Green Shore Crab, found at GCNGBT Around Ten Birds

it is very brave of you to make your crabs public. not many people are proud to proclaim they have crabs.

:P

4875746331_2d8053bc35_z.jpg

Hiked 28 miles in the Dolly Sods Wilderness Area in Tucker County, West Virginia for 4 geocaches...all in one day. The above pic is near the "Camp Cody" cache. The craziest thing happened at this cache. This cache was published in 2008. Since then there have only been 2 finds logged on it. We actually did this hike last Friday - on a weekday for crying out loud. At the trailhead we were the only car parked there when we went in and when we got to within a mile of this cache two other backpackers happened upon us from one of the other trails. You guessed it, they were geocachers and headed toward the same cache. Is that serendipity or what?

Edited by WVangler

84edb525-b7e8-43ef-bc09-ed300e21129f.jpg

Finally made it to New England to complete my "Lower 48" geocaching map. One of the highlights was a visit to Ben & Jerry's. Loved it. This is one of their cows in the pasture beside the factory. All I wanted in the picture was for the cow to look at me. I didn't notice "the rest of the story" until I had already clicked.

Peace,

Louisville, KY

Sunday evening I'm hiking one of the Baylands Trails, looking for the final to GC1CVBK Been Here: East Java and I see this little blur on the path at my feet. I look directly at it and see it's a tiny lizard trying to run to keep ahead of me. As I stop it dashes over to my right shoe and attaches itself. I lift my foot and it scampers to the bottom of my shoe! No! :)

I hop around until I'm able to remove it from the bottom of my shoe, because I don't want to squish the little thing. Here are a couple pictures of it. It squinted a bit as the sun was near setting and in its eyes. After a couple quick pictures and one taken by another hiker, who was amazed it was so tiny, I set it down by the side of the trail.

This is a Western Fence Lizard, the nano size. :)

lizard1.jpg

lizard2.jpg

3h driving + sleeping on the last small possible village + 1h driving + ..... 10h hiking for 4 caches on the highest peak in Catalunya, 3,100m (10,170f) ... and there were a lot of people there!!!

And you know ... I DNF'd one (unable to see some data that I needed!!!) ... and FTF'd a yet unpublished one that I found without knowing it was there!

bbabf2e6-7460-4790-9266-7a2558b84bc1.jpg

You can see a looooot of people (33?) in a full sized one here: http://a.imageshack.us/img713/851/dsc01691z.jpg

Edited: it took me a while to have a correct sized picture and a good quality picture link ... <_<

Edited by DeepButi

Nothing to do with Geocaching - The Salinas International Air Show was this weekend with the jets were coming and going on practice flights from Monterey Airport. A few pics as they flew past where I work.

f15_landing.jpg

F15 landing.

tbird6.jpg

USAF Thunderbird 6, after take off.

tbirdvapor.jpg

After a Thunderbird took off, it circled the field and landed again. See the vapor as it banked into a turn.

Sunset pictures, Oct 1, outside Hollister, CA, near the cache GC1QH0V - Duck Poop.

pole_sunset.jpg

horses_sunset.jpg

I took a group out paddling yesterday, and along the way, one of the guys, (Kleetus), suggested making a Geocaching logo out of kayaks. He's in the red boat. With some assistance, he got the boats aranged, whilst I snapped the pic from a foot bridge.

Nicely done, if only the fellow in the yellow had thrown his arms up! :anitongue:

Nothing to do with geocaching, but my favorite photo of the weekend is this:

Laban1.jpg

We just got him this Friday and he's way cute (12 weeks old, 3/4 Labrador 1/4 Old English Sheepdog).

\Mette

He's adorable. Enjoy him being all little and cute. My baby is going to be 2 this month. I miss him being little. I also miss the days when he was too little to grab things off the kitchen counter and take off running with them. I do not, however, miss those needle sharp puppy teeth. :anitongue:

He's adorable. Enjoy him being all little and cute. My baby is going to be 2 this month. I miss him being little. I also miss the days when he was too little to grab things off the kitchen counter and take off running with them. I do not, however, miss those needle sharp puppy teeth. :anitongue:

Thanks. We are definitely enjoying him and we'll continue to do so :anitongue:

But the sharp puppy teeth I could easily do without. My hands are all scratched up - and we haven't even been out caching :anitongue:

\Mette

Sunday evening I'm hiking one of the Baylands Trails, looking for the final to GC1CVBK Been Here: East Java and I see this little blur on the path at my feet. I look directly at it and see it's a tiny lizard trying to run to keep ahead of me. As I stop it dashes over to my right shoe and attaches itself. I lift my foot and it scampers to the bottom of my shoe! No! :D

I hop around until I'm able to remove it from the bottom of my shoe, because I don't want to squish the little thing. Here are a couple pictures of it. It squinted a bit as the sun was near setting and in its eyes. After a couple quick pictures and one taken by another hiker, who was amazed it was so tiny, I set it down by the side of the trail.

This is a Western Fence Lizard, the nano size. ;)

lizard1.jpg

lizard2.jpg

I love this little guy. What a great snap. B)