Wherigo on HTC Touch Pro 2

mi.lli

Hi,

I couldn't find my problem while searching:

I have a HTC Touch Pro 2 running on Windows Mobile 6.5

I downloaded the Wherigo Player for Pocket PC (WM 2003 or higher) but I can't even install it! I start the playerinstall.cab and instantly I get a failure message that the installation failed (I can't even select where to install it, the message pops up before!)

Do you have any suggestion? Does the player not work with WM6.5?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

(I have never searched a Wherigo before and wanted to try this out, but I have only a Garmin Legend HcX which does not support Wherigos....)

Regards,

Angelina

Hi Angelina

I'm not smart enough to figure out why its not installing, but I promise it works on the Touch Pro 2, as I had one for my first Wherigo. I was running WM 6.5 also.

Once someone smarter than me helps out, I do know you'll need to disable the detection of the internal GPS just long enough to open the Player and manually set the com port and bit rate. Then turn on auto detection again to have everything work fine. Northernpenguin posted very easy and clear directions for that somewhere in here.

The only downer is the program was designed for a different type of display, and so the layout is really bad. Lines are cut off, the direction arrow is below the task bar at the bottom, the text is squished into an offcenter box, and I was having a hard time selecting buttons. Someone in here posted a link to RealVGA on either XDA-Developers or HowardForums to get the screen to display right, but I couldn't get that working. :-(

It does work though. Wish I could help on the installation.

Hi, thanks for your answer. To know that it should normally work, helps a lot so I will keep trying :(

Could it be that it belongs to the firmware of the phone? Just an idea. I have this ROM installed: 1.89.207.2 And you?

Hi, mi.lli!

Who is your cell service provider? They all add customizations to the base rom for the device that could be causing a conflict. If we know which one it is, we can start trying to rule out possible issues that may be preventing the install.

Once we get that ironed out, then we can work on the RealVGA and the GPS settings parts... :laughing:

Sue

Hi Sue,

thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention in this thread that it now works! I don't know why it hasn't before, but at least it works :)

My provider is O2, by the way.

GPS settings are already done and I've found my first Wherigo. The only thing that needs to be done is the screen issue.

Angelina