Explorist GC Bicycle mount

vvp

I tried to use rubber bands to mount my Explorist GC to my bicycle on top of the headlights. Unlike other GPS units though, the GC isn't flat on it's back so it wobbles quite a bit. IT's not a bad unit for bike use except that average MPH feature is very inaccurate and the fonts are small.

Edited by gpsblake

Thats a great idea! I think I'll try something like that.

I was looking at those Ram Mounts, but the shape of the GC looks different.

Thanks for all the responses

The OP is asking about the Explorist "GC". They have not come out with one yet so I made my own with a file and a reflector mount. Works great!

4-28-10017WinCE.jpg

4-28-10018WinCE.jpg

Nice rigging there in the pics, I'm interested to know has your gps ever vibrated out or gotten loose after biking on less-than-smooth terrain? I like the idea, I may have to try it.

It is very secure at that angle. Take your time with the filing and fit. The GC slot is double tapered and gets tighter as you push it in place.

The OP is asking about the Explorist "GC". They have not come out with one yet so I made my own with a file and a reflector mount. Works great!

4-28-10017WinCE.jpg

4-28-10018WinCE.jpg

That looks exactly like what I what for mine.

I've been trying to figure out the inside shape of that slot.

Any chance you could publish the dimension? Maybe a tracing of the final shape with measurements so we can duplicate it?