Effect on travel bug when cache coordinates updated

WaldenRun

This may be old news but check out this travel bug log entry for Moochie Loris (TB18CC):

======================

Friday, April 19, 2002

Team GeoDat retrieved it from Train Rock by Kathryn:

We found Moochie. He's our first Travel Bug. I'm not sure where he's going, but we are going geocaching this weekend and will place him carefully in his next box.

(Travelled 0.02 miles N)

======================

That's right, he moved .02 miles while sitting in the cache. Turns out the cache owner updated the cache coordinates while Moochie was in it. I suppose it makes sense to check for traveling caches.

-WR

"Why worry when you can obsess?"

Yep... that's what makes my TB/traveling cache Gilbert work. I had posted a topic in the old TB forums (but can't find it now)...when the cache is moved the finder needs to retrieve it from the cache and replace it when the cache is rehidden... though the bug stays in the same cache all the time the cache moves so the TB maps the movement. Pretty cool.. I was thrilled to find it actually worked when I sent it out.

Thanks Rad Dad... I think he's pretty cool too icon_smile.gif At his last stay in Jersey he supposedly gained himself some eyes, a tatoo and a beret. He should get more interesting as time goes on. Now I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait till 2003 to see him again. I already am dying to read his log book and get the inside story. He's teaching me lessons in patience, which is a TB lesson I need to learn.

Thanks Rad Dad... I think he's pretty cool too icon_smile.gif At his last stay in Jersey he supposedly gained himself some eyes, a tatoo and a beret. He should get more interesting as time goes on. Now I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait till 2003 to see him again. I already am dying to read his log book and get the inside story. He's teaching me lessons in patience, which is a TB lesson I need to learn.