geocaching android

spark29

there are no good geocaching applications for my android so i want my money back for registering here..

Well you have options be patient and the Ground Speak application will be out. How many have you tried out?

Or spend more money :) and purchase a GPSr. Wally World sells them fairly cheap if you dont want to throw down the clams to get a super duper one.

There is an entire forum on the android

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=81

I started caching in March and the Android app was to be "Coming Soon". It's now August and still no sign of it. It should never have been announced until it was actually ready. I have tried a couple of different apps and go back and forth between GeoHunter and "the app that works". When GS finally releases something, I'll try it out. In the meantime, I'm using apps that help me find caches and I up to almost 250 exclusively with the Droid. The GPS on it is pretty darn accurate - although it will bounce around in heavy tree cover.

Yup, it was announced, it's supposed to be coming out this week.

GeoBeagle is one of the better Android app's. It's not only free, it doesn't use as many resources as some of the other app's. It also doesn't eat your battery as fast as some of the others. You will have to set-up some pockets and SMS field notes (if you want to) though.

I downloaded an app called "GeoBeagle" on my Droid X... it works great... better then most of the people using gps around me...

If you have a premium membership and don't want to buy the official app get GeoHunter instead it's an improved version of GeoBeagle. It's a great app as long as you have the pocket queries from premium membership and its free with no adverts. I load my pocket queries before leaving home and then put my Dell Streak into airplane mode to get the best power use out of it. With the streak it frequently gets down to about a 16ft error radius in the open and I have had it point straight at caches that are tagged as DNF's by people with "real" GPSr's who couldn't get a lock.

Personaly though I am glad to hear that the official app is coming out for real and can't wait to take a look at it.

Love the post.

There are lots of great apps for the Android and it has renewed my interest in caching since I got mine. I'm currently using Georg and something else if I need a live search. Looking forward to the official app this week too.

Assuming your money was for a premium membership, you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent app that will deal with those PQs.

Love the post.

There are lots of great apps for the Android and it has renewed my interest in caching since I got mine. I'm currently using Georg and something else if I need a live search. Looking forward to the official app this week too.

Assuming your money was for a premium membership, you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent app that will deal with those PQs.

(reference to unauthorized application removed by Groundspeak) is free and does ok.

There are some great free android geocaching apps - I use them all the time.

There are some good non caching apps which come in handy too, like gpstest and gps averaging.

Search the market, try them all (even with the paid ones, if you uninstall within 24 hours you get a refund).