How To Change Home Coordinates

TexasGringo

I went to Update Home Coordinates and entered my new coordinates in the box above the map. I clicked on Save...below the map....and I get this.

System.Exception: Error in decoding latitude at Tucson.WebApp.Common.account.ManageLocations.uxSaveLocation_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I entered:

N 33° 01.321 W 096° 45.880

Then Tried:

N 33 01.321 W 096 45.880

I went to Update Home Coordinates and entered my new coordinates in the box above the map. I clicked on Save...below the map....and I get this.

System.Exception: Error in decoding latitude at Tucson.WebApp.Common.account.ManageLocations.uxSaveLocation_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I entered:

N 33° 01.321 W 096° 45.880

Then Tried:

N 33 01.321 W 096 45.880

When I go to the Mis-Manage Location page the search box auto fills with N 40° 1X.XXX W 075° 5X.XXX (my actual saved Home coordinates). It seems your original coordinate entry format was not the problem.

sounds like you skipped part of a step

4.Enter your city, address or coordinates and select "Search"

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?p...page&id=108

if you still have a problem i suggest posting in the Feedback Section

I wondered about that "Search" box as I thought I remembered using it the last time I experimented with the Location page. But it's strange that the select "Search" step is NOT included on the actual Mis-Manage Location page. All it says is:

Enter your location in the text field above the map to set your home coordinates. You can enter all or part of an address, or the coordinates from your GPS receiver to center the map on your location. If necessary, drag the marker to make small corrections. When you are finished, click the "Save Changes" button below the map.

I wondered about that "Search" box as I thought I remembered using it the last time I experimented with the Location page. But it's strange that the select "Search" step is NOT included on the actual Mis-Manage Location page. All it says is:

Enter your location in the text field above the map to set your home coordinates. You can enter all or part of an address, or the coordinates from your GPS receiver to center the map on your location. If necessary, drag the marker to make small corrections. When you are finished, click the "Save Changes" button below the map.

it makes sense though, because it actually puts you on the map and you can adjust it from there