Geotagging cameras

Is anyone out there using a GPS enabled camera like the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 or the Samsung WB650?

I'd love to hear what you think of it (particularly the GPS) as I'm considering buying one.

I have the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 camera and enjoy it very much. Besides placing the coordinates it also marks the country, state, township and some landmarks too, if you happen to be at one of the places in its list. The camera does take awhile to locate the satellites, but once done you have the opinion to keep the GPS on while the camera is off. This does use battery power though and once you are finished taking photos for the day you have remember to turn it off manually. While in this mode, I believe the GPS only updates every 15 minutes or so. The software that comes with the camera is pretty good. All your photos can be sorted by date, or state, or even township location. I enjoy the camera very much, it takes great photos, and you don't have to go to the trouble to geotagging photos manually. Hope that this helps.

Is anyone out there using a GPS enabled camera like the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 or the Samsung WB650?

I'd love to hear what you think of it (particularly the GPS) as I'm considering buying one.

I have the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 camera and enjoy it very much. Besides placing the coordinates it also marks the country, state, township and some landmarks too, if you happen to be at one of the places in its list. The camera does take awhile to locate the satellites, but once done you have the opinion to keep the GPS on while the camera is off. This does use battery power though and once you are finished taking photos for the day you have remember to turn it off manually. While in this mode, I believe the GPS only updates every 15 minutes or so. The software that comes with the camera is pretty good. All your photos can be sorted by date, or state, or even township location. I enjoy the camera very much, it takes great photos, and you don't have to go to the trouble to geotagging photos manually. Hope that this helps.

Much appreciated. Thanks for your first post. :P