Where to buy geocaching stuff in bulk

Hi cachers,

I want to open an online shop for uk geocachers offering lower prices either by low prices on the product or really low p&p, but the thing is i carn't find a place what sells caching stuff in the UK in bulk, iv found ones from canada and the U.S.A...

Can anyone help? :D

It's because, I think you'll find, that most suppliers of geocaching supplies are based in the USA or Canada.

IMHO I think www.Geotees.co.uk has set the bar for geocaching stuff in the UK - great prices, super quick delivery, and a lot of people use then because they are well known and respected cachers (well, Tony is respected - that Munkeh fellow leaves a lot to be desired LOL)

I'm not sure about bulk buying - Tony and Andy have given me bulk price quotes before now, I'm sure they would do the same for anyone else wishing to buy in bulk.

Hi cachers,

I want to open an online shop for uk geocachers offering lower prices either by low prices on the product or really low p&p, but the thing is i carn't find a place what sells caching stuff in the UK in bulk, iv found ones from canada and the U.S.A...

Can anyone help? :o

I like where you're coming from. I don't think it'd be too bad if you stocked up from stuff from abroad. I bought from http://www.adventure-caching.de/ as that was the best place I found for 35mm film cannisters. I bought 40 for something like 25 cent each, with 9 euros postage. I brought a load of other stuff too. If you cover the costs you can get some more unique stuff from abroad that you can tempt UK cachers into buying! ;) I'd be tempted!!!

<snip>...that was the best place I found for 35mm film cannisters. I bought 40 .....

:P:oB);)

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Gotta get my moneys worth for the shipping. I'm sure I'll get through them all after a few trails are laid!!!

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! :):):D

Hi cachers,

Can anyone help? :o

I like where you're coming from. I don't think it'd be too bad if you stocked up from stuff from abroad. I bought from http://www.adventure-caching.de/ as that was the best place I found for 35mm film cannisters. I bought 40 for something like 25 cent each, with 9 euros postage. I brought a load of other stuff too. If you cover the costs you can get some more unique stuff from abroad that you can tempt UK cachers into buying! ;) I'd be tempted!!!

You actualy paid money for what all photographers/photo processers toss in the bin by the 100s ?

Edited by Smurf

..... as that was the best place I found for 35mm film cannisters. I bought 40 for something like 25 cent each, with 9 euros postage.

You paid for something a lot of us collect from camera shops and Tesco's photo desk just to bin before other cachers :) use them as hides ???? :o;):P

Hi cachers,

Can anyone help? :P

The geomerchandise business really isn't big enough for there to be general wholesalers. You could place a big order with one of the larger online operations, and maybe even get 15% discount, but I wouldn't advise trying to make a living off this. For one thing, those larger operations also sell in small quantities to the public, and they won't just sit idly by and subsidise you to eat their lunch.

I was amazed to see the other day that there are about 100 Groundspeak authorised resellers worldwide. I don't know how many people make a full-time living from this, but it's certainly quite an industry.

<snip>...that was the best place I found for 35mm film cannisters. I bought 40 .....

:lol::(;):lol:

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Gotta get my moneys worth for the shipping. I'm sure I'll get through them all after a few trails are laid!!!

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! :(:D:D

Oh boy, I am soooooo tempted to create a huge series of caches titled "In honour of Pharisee" or something. Naturally every single one would be a film pot, with perhaps the odd nano or two thrown in for variety :D

****Edited due to commercial agenda****

But isn't this whole post showing various commercial agendas?

I count 5 at least. :)

I won't say more just in case.

There's a fine line here.

The OP asked where they could get 'stuff' and people responded with advice and links. No agenda there on the part of the posters.

The comment I edited promoted the OP's own merchandise and therein lies the agenda.

I hope this clears the matter up for you.