How do you HAND OFF a Travel Bug?

Team Finn

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. I retrieved a TB the other day and am handing it off to my brother to place in a cache near his home town. How do I do this?

Please either provide the answer or use the MRA (Markwell Research Approach) to guide me to a previous thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Dave

Me ambivalent? Well..... yes and no.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Finn:

I am sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. I retrieved a TB the other day and am handing it off to my brother to place in a cache near his home town. How do I do this?

Assuming you've already logged the bug into "your hands", just give it to the other person and have them log it. The bug will go from "your hands" to theirs.

It may also be a good idea for either you to post a note before you give up the bug, or for the other person to say how they got the bug in their 'grab' log. The reason is that in some cases someone has dropped the bug in a cache, then they forgot/didnt have time/etc to log the bug into the cache. Before they do, someone elase picks up the bug and 'logs it out'. So the bug will just jump from one cacher to another, this skips the miles between the distance to the cache, AND its confusing for any observors to figure out whats going on.

quote:
Please either provide the answer or use the MRA (Markwell Research Approach) to guide me to a previous thread on this topic.

OH! icon_mad.gif

But i wanted to FedEx the printed materials to you! icon_wink.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by cdsjerry:

I had this exact same problem and just last week found the solution. There is a cache where you can place a lost TB or you can place him until someone else actually places the bug. Sort of a virtual cache if you will. It's waypoint GC4DED.

Well, this would throw off the mileage count. The previous solution works well: The person can just log it and it will disappear from your inventory and will land in his/her inventory.

I have a geocache right by my house, so if people bring a TB to me, we log it in/out of that geocache. This records the actual miles travelled.

Seth!

icon_geocachingwa.gif