Want To Do A Memorial For My Mother

DemonStormXL

Hi all...

My mother died June 29 of this year and ever since I started GC'ing, I've wanted to place a cache in a location that will hold a Memorial Geocoin with several different goals. My concern is this...

I've read in A LOT of logs of different caches that Geocoins have come up missing/stolen. I want to do the memorial coin for her, but I'm not sure I want to risk it being stolen. I know I'm new to GC'ing, which is why I'm here to ask what everyone here thinks.

Let me know your opinions, and whether or not you think I should even do this.

Thanks Everyone.

Anthony

a.k.a. DemonStorm, part of Team TravelsWithGPS

I'm pretty new to this and might be totally off base with this but what about doing a permanent proxy of the coin like a pic of it or something, so that people can see the coin and get the meaning and "discover" the coin but can't take it. I have been wanting to do something similar to this as well as a memorial for my great grandparents at the cemetery where they are buried. I hope it works out for you. :D

Hi all...

My mother died June 29 of this year and ever since I started GC'ing, I've wanted to place a cache in a location that will hold a Memorial Geocoin with several different goals. My concern is this...

I've read in A LOT of logs of different caches that Geocoins have come up missing/stolen. I want to do the memorial coin for her, but I'm not sure I want to risk it being stolen. I know I'm new to GC'ing, which is why I'm here to ask what everyone here thinks.

Thanks Everyone.

Anthony

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost mine in 1999 and the thing I miss most is just a casual "Hey, what have you been doing?" Or "Did you see that movie?" She did some acting and on occasion would do her Lady Macbeth, like at dinner time, which would scare the crap out of us. :D

Coins aren't the best travelers and I certainly wouldn't recommend releasing just one coin as a memorial. Perhaps a travel bug or thirty, and even a cache placement.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I would think that placing a cache, dedicated to her memory in a spot that has some significance for both you and her would be a better option. If you want something to travel in her memory then a travel bug might be a better idea (it isn't as collectible as a coin)...

Even better do both. You can think of her whenever you go and maintain your cache. You can follow the travels of the bug.

I hope that some of this helps,

Z.

Hi all...

Thanks Everyone.

Anthony

Hi all...

Thanks Everyone.

Anthony

I would like you to take a look at what I did for My mother in honor of her death. I used one of my own couns as a TB for her. If it wasnt for herk cacher that made it possible and others my mom did see the world and much more. I put the cache in a spot that was not so easy to get to.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...89-33baaec055e2