Looking with a question.

Hey fellow cachers. I'm new to geocaching as you can probably tell because i dont know how to use all the awesome abbreviations yet, but I am looking for a GPS at a reasonable price. I'm a 26 yr old 80% disabled veteran that has finally found something I enjoy! I can only do 1 or 2 at a time before my body has had enough! lol. Anyway, I'm going on vacation next week, and I have to find one in the Bahamas! I dont have a gps yet though. I have a standard garmin car gps.. that's about it. Is there any way in this world in finding these without a gps cause i cant afford one before i leave!?

Hey fellow cachers. I'm new to geocaching as you can probably tell because i dont know how to use all the awesome abbreviations yet, but I am looking for a GPS at a reasonable price. I'm a 26 yr old 80% disabled veteran that has finally found something I enjoy! I can only do 1 or 2 at a time before my body has had enough! lol. Anyway, I'm going on vacation next week, and I have to find one in the Bahamas! I dont have a gps yet though. I have a standard garmin car gps.. that's about it. Is there any way in this world in finding these without a gps cause i cant afford one before i leave!?

Siggy~A car unit will get you in the immediate neighborhood. If you read the hints and the past post along with the GPS unit you can and will find some caches. It's not a perfect setup but it can be just as much fun making it even more challenging. Good luck on your hunts!

Siggy~A car unit will get you in the immediate neighborhood. If you read the hints and the past post along with the GPS unit you can and will find some caches. It's not a perfect setup but it can be just as much fun making it even more challenging. Good luck on your hunts!

you may look at the sat. image and get an idea of the area the cache is, even print off the picture to take with you

You could use google.earth (free download if you don't already have it!),

and then download the cache viewer (go to your profile, scroll to the

bottom right, should say something like "download google earth

viewer") and then on google earth, caches will appear.

Gives you a rough estimate of where they are.

Along with the description/hints and others logs you could have some success!

I gave my geomate to my sister and her family, but I'm still having fun finding geocaches via GoogleEarth until I can buy another unit. It will give you directions and a picture of the exact location. Pull it up before your trip, put in the address of the location you will be staying at and punch in the coordinates. It's that easy! Print it out and off you go! Enjoy the Bahamas!

Which Nuvi do you have?

On some models you can view a satellite page that displays your current position. By knowing the coordinates of the cache, you can then navigate by the numbers as they say. The numerical values go up as you head north and west.