Oregon 550 upload found caches.

Hi. Been playing with my new toy today Oregon 550, software is 3.70. Managed to get caches into device but having trouble updating geocache.com with my finds. I have read quite a lot about it but just wondered what to expect, am I doing anything wrong? Marked cache as found on 550. 550 displays it as a found cache. "open box". Come back and upload cachefound.txt file as instructed but it doesn't seem to change any detail in Geocache.com log. Am I expecting too much?

Hi. Been playing with my new toy today Oregon 550, software is 3.70. Managed to get caches into device but having trouble updating geocache.com with my finds. I have read quite a lot about it but just wondered what to expect, am I doing anything wrong? Marked cache as found on 550. 550 displays it as a found cache. "open box". Come back and upload cachefound.txt file as instructed but it doesn't seem to change any detail in Geocache.com log. Am I expecting too much?

onve you upload it go to "access my field notes" and your list will be there. you will still have to click the log cache on each one it doesn't do it automaticly. Still alot easier.

onve you upload it go to "access my field notes" and your list will be there. you will still have to click the log cache on each one it doesn't do it automaticly. Still alot easier.

Thanks my friend you have answered my question. i was expecting it to update automatically. As you say its much easier anyway. Oh and thanks for replying to my other posting regarding maps. As you can see I bought the 550 instead of the 450. Managed to get some OSM free maps loaded. Just learning to drive it now... Lots to play with..Happy hunting..

osi

Thanks my friend you have answered my question. i was expecting it to update automatically. As you say its much easier anyway. Oh and thanks for replying to my other posting regarding maps. As you can see I bought the 550 instead of the 450. Managed to get some OSM free maps loaded. Just learning to drive it now... Lots to play with..Happy hunting..

osi

no problem,also if you have the time when in the field you can go ahead and type out your log for that cache. That way the whole log shows up in field notes and all you have to do is click the log button.