getting a design minted

pacman529

There seems to be a lack of info about how to go about getting a coin that one has designed actually minted. can anyone give me some information about this that might be useful? i'm currently in the process of trying to finalize a design that i'd like to have minted, but i have no idea how.

Did you read the pinned topic at the top of this board?

You can approach vendors with your idea and get quotes. Many vendors have artists that will help you with your design (for a fee).

Just FYI - this thread will likely be closed as these types of posts can become an advertisement for vendors which isn't allowed.

Good luck with your project. :D

Did you read the pinned topic at the top of this board?

You can approach vendors with your idea and get quotes. Many vendors have artists that will help you with your design (for a fee).

Just FYI - this thread will likely be closed as these types of posts can become an advertisement for vendors which isn't allowed.

Good luck with your project. :D

yes i did, and it was less than helpful. :/

There's actually not a lack of information, there's just a lack of information about the process on this website.

Groundspeak doesn't mint coins, so the best they can do is give you a list of approved vendors who do.

Each of those vendors has their own methods and process, and I'm sure they'll be glad to help you.

You might also PM people who have had coins minted before if you have questions about a specific vendor.

If there is a certain coin design(s) you especially like, you could email that person and ask which vendor they used and ask about the experiences they had with that vendor. Do that with a few coin designs you like, and you should get some good information about where to start.