Updating Coords on a cache

Goat62

I recently had to move a container, and trying to get the coords updated hasn't been easy.

Trying to do this as a log indicates it is too far away. What is the limit that a CO can update

before a reviewer has to do it for you and how do you get the reviewer to update?

Do you send them an email or does disabling the cache place it into their queue?

I finally logged the new coords into a regular log, but this doesn't change the coords on the

cache description page. Just wondering what the proper procedure is on this one.

Can not find any help in the guidelines.

I've never seen any rules for this, however my rule of thumb would be:

If the new location is within the margin of error for your GPS (say 20ft or so) from the old location, then just post the new coords.

If the location is outside the margin of error then shoot your reviewer an email explaining the situation and ask for approval. I don't think you need anything official, just a positive response via email will do.

I've never seen any rules for this, however my rule of thumb would be:

If the new location is within the margin of error for your GPS (say 20ft or so) from the old location, then just post the new coords.

If the location is outside the margin of error then shoot your reviewer an email explaining the situation and ask for approval. I don't think you need anything official, just a positive response via email will do.

Nope, nice try, but dfx was right. 520 feet, or 0.1 mile. Any more than that and the reviewer will have to do it.
From the reviewer's standpoint it is treated as if it is a new cache if it moves more than 528 feet. He/She will update the coordinates and then it goes through the review process for proximity issues. If there are no problems there it will get republished.

that's a bit of an oversimplification, as updating the coordinates is not the same as "republishing" - it's just updating the coordinates. even if you do it yourself (when it's less than the 161 meters), the reviewers still get notice and will still check it for proximity issues. not right away, but they do.

From the reviewer's standpoint it is treated as if it is a new cache if it moves more than 528 feet. He/She will update the coordinates and then it goes through the review process for proximity issues. If there are no problems there it will get republished.

that's a bit of an oversimplification, as updating the coordinates is not the same as "republishing" - it's just updating the coordinates. even if you do it yourself (when it's less than the 161 meters), the reviewers still get notice and will still check it for proximity issues. not right away, but they do.

How long is "not right away" ??? I have tried contacting my reviewer concerning this issue about 3 times in the past 5 WEEKS with no response. I even did it their way. Included a link to the cache, it's name, it's gc code, the old coords, the new coords & the reason for moving it. My last email simply asked if they are receiving my messages, but since I get no response, I can only assume they aren't. Next step is to contact Groundspeak for assistance??? :P