Possible use for those copy tags

CYBret

I don't normally read this forum much, so if this has been discussed, I apologize.

I'm about to release a couple travel bugs. One of them has a very specific goal that it should reach in a matter of a couple months. I've thought about reincarnating it, but I think I have a better idea.

What if I attach the "COPY" tag to one of the items I carry with me while geocaching--say my cache bag or hiking staff. If I were to lose the item and someone found it, they would have a website address to go to and an ID number to go with it. All I would have to do is adjust the travelbug page to a "Thank you for finding my hiking staff, here's how to get it back to me, PLEASE." page.

Am I right, would this work?

Thanks!

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

[This message was edited by CYBret on September 12, 2002 at 01:44 PM.]

quote:
"You want your walking stick back, CYBret? I stashed it at N 40° 36.103 W 078° 13.095-- hope you get there before someone else grabs it!"

Actually, now that I think about it, sounds like there's a cool game there...

Note to self: No caching in Pennsylvania.

icon_wink.gif

quote:
"You want your walking stick back, CYBret? I stashed it at N 40° 36.103 W 078° 13.095-- hope you get there before someone else grabs it!"

Actually, now that I think about it, sounds like there's a cool game there...

Note to self: No caching in Pennsylvania.

icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner:

But why not stick something a standard:

"If found, please return to: XXX" on it?

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Well, where's the fun in that?!? icon_wink.gif

Mainly because I already have a Travelbug COPY tag hanging from my cache bag, so it would be cool to have it actually do something besides jingle janglin'

Bret

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner:

But why not stick something a standard:

"If found, please return to: XXX" on it?

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Well, where's the fun in that?!? icon_wink.gif

Mainly because I already have a Travelbug COPY tag hanging from my cache bag, so it would be cool to have it actually do something besides jingle janglin'

Bret

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

What if I attach the "COPY" tag to one of the items I carry with me while geocaching--say my cache bag or hiking staff. If I were to lose the item and someone found it, they would have a website address to go to and an ID number to go with it. All I would have to do is adjust the travelbug page to a "Thank you for finding my hiking staff, here's how to get it back to me, PLEASE." page.

Sure, but how many geocaches are big enough to put a hiking stick inside? icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

Sure, but how many geocaches are big enough to put a hiking stick inside? icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif