Instant Notification Service

MTH

Is the Instant Notification Service working?

I can't believe not a single cache has been published within 35km of my home in the last week (especially as that includes most of London).

Yet I've not received an email notification about new caches since updating my subscriptions last week. I've checked they're still enabled.

I'm still receiving other emails (e.g. for caches on my watchlist), there's nothing in the Junk E-Mail folder and the email address is in my safe senders list.

It's a bit difficult to do a PQ for new caches, but checking those modified in the last 7 days shows at least one new cache.

Isn't this the forum for feedback?

Edited by MTH

It's a bit difficult to do a PQ for new caches, but checking those modified in the last 7 days shows at least one new cache.

Isn't this the forum for feedback?

why is hard?

just pick in the "Placed During" section either "the last week" or the option bellow with specific range of dates

Edited by t4e
just pick in the "Placed During" section either "the last week" or the option bellow with specific range of dates

It's hard because I didn't see that bit :)

Surprisingly there have only been 4 caches in that time, but I still didn't get a notification.

I'll just add to this thread, seems most in place here.

I have the instant notification set up for several regions, it works, but I seem to get them a lot later than other people do. Every time.

Example: At 4 this morning I got a notification that two caches were published at a place I had just been the day before. I was awake anyway, so I looked them up: Several logs already, apparently others got the notification at midday the day before. The one was particularly annoying as I had driven past that exact spot shortly after publishing...

I'm not FTF crazy (never had one) but it would at least be fun to be able to join in the race every now and again.

Anyone else observed this, what can one do?

Thanks in advance

using GMX as email provider by any chance?

No, web.de

most likely not related to GC but but rather with your ISP or email service you use, delaying emails for some reason

Possibly, although I don't understand then why it ONLY happens with the publishing notifications and never with any other mails (including PQs etc.)