Why doesn't somebody please move this t-bug?

The Geo Chasers

Ok...I have a question...(My apologies if it has been asked before, I am still new to all of this...)

I placed a travel bug (Capt. Kidd's Kings Canyon Bug)in a well frequented cache (Mammoth Cache). This cache has been visited 6 times since we placed the bug. I thought for sure that this was a great location to leave it because of the many travelers that visit this area.

I didn't add a note to it, thinking that someone would figure it out when they saw the tag. This is not my t-bug, and maybe I shouldn't worry about it, but it has got me very confused (bugged..haha) as to why no-one has retrieved it.

Would it be prudent to ask a local to the area to check on it? I am worried that it is either missing or nobody has figured out that it is a bug.

Please let me know what you think...

Thank you,

The Geo Chasers

Edit #1 - Cache name error

Edit #2 - I thought I clicked Sad not mad(duh)

Note to self...Next time edit before sending...

[This message was edited by The Geo Chasers on September 03, 2002 at 03:14 PM.]

[This message was edited by The Geo Chasers on September 03, 2002 at 06:00 PM.]

are the 6 visits from newbies? or maybe people that dont like travel bugs?

why dont you email those who have been there since the bug was placed if they seen the bug in the cache?

i see no problem with posting a note on the cache page or even emailing a local cacher to see if they could go look for the bug. just remember to ASK if anyones seen it, demanding someone move it or pointing fingers claiming they stole the thing will only annoy the locals...

whack.gif

Or pointing fingers, just asking for advice and help. icon_smile.gif (thought the headline might be catchy enough to get a response...Did not mean it to come off demanding)

Most of them are not "newbies". Good advice on e-mailing the finders, I think I will do that.

It just makes you feel bad when you retrieve a bug and place it, and then have it not move.

Thanks for the advice.

Or pointing fingers, just asking for advice and help. icon_smile.gif (thought the headline might be catchy enough to get a response...Did not mean it to come off demanding)

Most of them are not "newbies". Good advice on e-mailing the finders, I think I will do that.

It just makes you feel bad when you retrieve a bug and place it, and then have it not move.

Thanks for the advice.

My guess is that somebody has taken the bug but hasn't logged it.

Email the owners (or recent finders) to verify that the bug is still in the cache.

Usually bugs are the first thing to be taken from a cache, and it would surprise me if your bug sat in the cache during six visits (probably a few more not logged online).

Most likely, one of the first visitors after you took the bug and hasn't logged it. You might try emailing all six of the finders and ask them about your bug.

I bet one of them knows about it.

Jamie

i didnt really take you post as being demanding, its just you had the angry face and seemed all pepped up to get this bug moving. i just wanted to point out that you have to meter how you request things...uh, im going off topic....

back to the bug:

hope someone has seen the bug or can get it moving again!

quote:
Originally posted by The Geo Chasers:

Thanks for the advice.

whack.gif

i didnt really take you post as being demanding, its just you had the angry face and seemed all pepped up to get this bug moving. i just wanted to point out that you have to meter how you request things...uh, im going off topic....

back to the bug:

hope someone has seen the bug or can get it moving again!

quote:
Originally posted by The Geo Chasers:

Thanks for the advice.

whack.gif