Oregon 450 -- downloading caches directly to...

EarLady

I just got a Garmin Oregon 450 and I absolutely LOVE the paperless geocaching, and the ability to download caches directly to the gps with just a click or two. Does anyone know how to download a bunch of caches at once directly to the unit. I planning a trip and want to download about 250 caches and I don't want to click on each one separately. I can do a "check all" then download them as waypoints, but that requires going thru GSAK.

Pls. reply ASAP as I'm leaving tomorrow morning!

Edited by EarLady

Hi Neighbor to the east (I'm in Buffalo)! I see you're a premium member.. you can create a pocket query, and then just upload the resulting .gpx file directly to your 450. I just got mine a couple months ago, and LOVE it too!

Yes, create a pocket query, very easy to do. And use that file and you can open it on either GSAK or EasyGPS (I use these two, there are probaly others). EasyGPS is a free easy quick download and is worth your time while GSAK is a lot more in-depth and involved but takes more time to use.

By the way, I was born in Buffalo!

Just thought I'd throw that out there! haha. :anibad:

Hi Neighbor to the east (I'm in Buffalo)! I see you're a premium member.. you can create a pocket query, and then just upload the resulting .gpx file directly to your 450. I just got mine a couple months ago, and LOVE it too!

Yes, create a pocket query, very easy to do. And use that file and you can open it on either GSAK or EasyGPS (I use these two, there are probaly others). EasyGPS is a free easy quick download and is worth your time while GSAK is a lot more in-depth and involved but takes more time to use.

Just thought I'd throw that out there! haha. :anibad:

You don't have to use GSAK or EasyGPS. Just unzip the pocket queries and put them in the garmin/gpx folder on either the SD card or the unit itself. I usually have 5 pocket queries with 1000 geocaches each loaded on mine at any given time for a total of 5,000!.

Edited by jeepdelfuego

Just thought I'd throw that out there! haha. :D

You don't have to use GSAK or EasyGPS. Just unzip the pocket queries and put them in the garmin/gpx folder on either the SD card or the unit itself. I usually have 5 pocket queries with 1000 geocaches each loaded on mine at any given time for a total of 5,000!.

Just thought I'd throw that out there! haha. :D

Thanks. That is easier than what I have done in the past. But why do I sometimes get the logs and sometimes I don't. I have a Garmin 400t.