geocaching website super slow on one laptop, fast on another

namiboy

i talked about this in another thread, but ever since a week or so ago, it takes about 10 minutes for geocaching.com to load on one of my laptops, gets to '1 item remaining' and sits there. when it finally loads it then takes forever if i click on 'hide and seek a cache' or 'forums'. that's a windows laptop, when i use my apple macbook pro, like now, everything is hunky dory. anyone else experiencing a slow down, or have any suggestions on what to check on my windows laptop? thanks.

sounds like some part of the page (probably an external link) isn't being loaded and the browser runs into a timeout. might be because of something blocked by a firewall or maybe an anti-virus application. it's also worth trying a diff browser (firefox).

I've seen the same thing on different machines. It always happens after logging in to the site, lasts for a variable while, then the blockage goes away and it is fast again.

Config is XP, using IE7 and FireFox, no greasemonkey scripts installed.

unfortunately it is slow on my companies laptop, so there's nothing i can do. it used to work fine on there until recently. every other website is fine on there, so i know it is something with geocaching.com. i wish someone from there would respond and and let me know what changes they made to the website, then maybe i could work around it. i also just noticed that i didn't receive notification that someone found one of my caches.

Edited by namiboy

will there be any help of any kind from the powers that be so i can solve this problem? what could have been changed on geocaching.com that could make it unbelievably slow to load on a windows laptop running ie7. every single other website loads perfectly fine on there, just as usual. thanks. i probably have to do something on my computer, but i need to know what has been done to cause it first.