Premium Members Only Caches

I just became aware that you only need one paid membership to query, search and find and LOG any cache. Why do folks waste their money on a second.....or third membership in order to fully participate in the game? You can do it all for one participant's $30. Sounds good to me. I am going to start a co-op.

My last BF and I had two memberships.

In order to get the benefits on each of our accounts we needed two.

If you share a geo-name you can use just one.

Before I had the full membership he would give me a list of the caches we were going for.

Some of them would be premium member caches and I could neither input them into my GPS nor could I log them after we found them.

After I got the membership I was the one between us who learned to use the other benefits besides the member caches.

We have separate geo-names, so we needed a membership for each.

My husband and I each have our own account and both of us paid for premium membership. To a great extent, this is for convenience: we can each run PQ's and load them to our respective devices easily, and we can both see and log PM caches when browsing the site separately. (Sometimes, I'll run a PQ and send it to him; it depends on the circumstances.)

The other reason is that we both feel strongly about supporting the site. This fun hobby has brought us a lot of enjoyment. I love the idea that Geocaching is free for anyone to play, but since we're in a position where we're fortunate enough to be able to give back a little monetarily, we're happy to do so. I'm a PM at my other hobby site, Where's George, too (We're called "Friends of George" over there).

--Q

Taoiseach and I have separate caching histories, since we didn't always and still don't always cache together. With only one premium account, it would be more difficult to keep track of our individual finds.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to run more than five pocket queries in a day, especially when we're vacation planning.

And we're not so hard up that an extra $30 PER YEAR is going to break the bank. Even doubled, I think we get our money's worth.

I just became aware that you only need one paid membership to query, search and find and LOG any cache. Why do folks waste their money on a second.....or third membership in order to fully participate in the game? You can do it all for one participant's $30. Sounds good to me. I am going to start a co-op.

The loophole is there for situations like families. If mom and dad and the little geo-bratskids each have an account it can get quite costly. However, if you start cooping with all your geo-buds you're abusing the system.

So, what is the rest of the story?

Things that make you say Hmmmm.

You can meet someone in person at an event, and she seemed like such a nice lady. I even bought her a beer. Then she goes and posts incendiary stuff like this. What do they put in the water in Utah?

I think Ashnikes hacked into her account. :anibad: