Help me record a bug..please

DxChallenged

Hey! I moved a bug over the winter with no problems. Now I'm having a hard time with 3 bugs that left my possesion....

1. Oscar. I retireived him from a cache in NY (Skinny Kreek Crossing). Logged that I had him. Made him a signature quilt cape...essentially hobbitizing him so that he could go in the Fellowship of the Ring cache in Erie. Dropped him off. Went to log him as there and ....forgot to write down his tag numbers and now realize that I can log him in at his new placement....3 cachers have e-mailed me and asked me to log him but I can't till I get his numbers...........Can anyone help me out with this.......

2. Rwetrieved (I'm a tired speech pathologist) 2 travelors with no dog tags...trying to figure out how to log these...

3. Logged George the Origami Elephant in Raleigh...just before the tick ambush...forgot his log book and e-mailed his owner...not sure as well where to log him...........

Thanks for your help!!

DxChallenged

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Email the owners and you can get the TB# for the one you dropped off...ask the owner for the number. If you don't hear from the owner the other thing you can do is make a note on the cache page... while using the drop down box to take him out of your inventory and leave him in that cache. Then the only way you will be able to add notes will be through any pictures you upload, but I've found,(yes it's happened to me too) that you can add alot of the story with the pictures.

For the others without tags I'd also email the owners. Good Luck Dx :

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

Hey! I moved a bug over the winter with no problems. Now I'm having a hard time with 3 bugs that left my possesion....

1. Oscar. I retireived him from a cache in NY (Skinny Kreek Crossing). Logged that I had him. Made him a signature quilt cape...essentially hobbitizing him so that he could go in the Fellowship of the Ring cache in Erie. Dropped him off. Went to log him as there and ....forgot to write down his tag numbers and now realize that I can log him in at his new placement....3 cachers have e-mailed me and asked me to log him but I can't till I get his numbers...........Can anyone help me out with this.......

2. Rwetrieved (I'm a tired speech pathologist) 2 travelors with no dog tags...trying to figure out how to log these...

3. Logged George the Origami Elephant in Raleigh...just before the tick ambush...forgot his log book and e-mailed his owner...not sure as well where to log him...........

(1888)

for case#1

i would say you should email the owner and tell them what happen then when they reply with the numbers you can log you retrived and deposited that TB in the the approiprate caches

for case#2

if they were hitch hikers and have contact info simply move them along and contact the owner and tell the owner where you got them and where you placed them. if they dont have contact info maybe you can work your way backwards looking for where theyve been and who placed them there till you get the person(s) that started it. Or perhaps they were no suppose to be kept on record just out to travel, but to figure this out for sure you still need to talk to the HH orignal owners

for case #3

im not sure what you posted, i dont understand what happened/happening to this item

this item is a TB? that you found moved and cant log because?? seems like you moved it but forgot some of the travelers things at a cache, and now you dont remember where you placed it??? icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

(1888)

for case#1

i would say you should email the owner and tell them what happen then when they reply with the numbers you can log you retrived and deposited that TB in the the approiprate caches

for case#2

if they were hitch hikers and have contact info simply move them along and contact the owner and tell the owner where you got them and where you placed them. if they dont have contact info maybe you can work your way backwards looking for where theyve been and who placed them there till you get the person(s) that started it. Or perhaps they were no suppose to be kept on record just out to travel, but to figure this out for sure you still need to talk to the HH orignal owners

for case #3

im not sure what you posted, i dont understand what happened/happening to this item

this item is a TB? that you found moved and cant log because?? seems like you moved it but forgot some of the travelers things at a cache, and now you dont remember where you placed it??? icon_confused.gif