When is there going to be a limit on regulars?

jholly

When are we going to limit the number of regulars a person can place? It is getting completely out of control, you can hardly go into pristine environmentally sensitive woods without at least a dozen ammo cans or peanut butter jars scattered about, all at the end of a geotrail. I think a lifetime limit of 5 per person should be enough. Really a nice 35mm film can under a Wally World lamp post should be enough. Besides getting these regulars out in the woods is a real drag. You got to walk miles, get eaten by bugs and get all scratched.

When are we going to limit the number of regulars a person can place? It is getting completely out of control, you can hardly go into pristine environmentally sensitive woods without at least a dozen ammo cans or peanut butter jars scattered about, all at the end of a geotrail. I think a lifetime limit of 5 per person should be enough. Really a nice 35mm film can under a Wally World lamp post should be enough. Besides getting these regulars out in the woods is a real drag. You got to walk miles, get eaten by bugs and get all scratched.

Sounds to me like you need to have coffee with the micro haters club. You could share viewpoints about this sport. Better yet, sell your GPS'r and take up knitting. :anibad:

Right.

I have 100 camo painted blinkers (now 90% Moss Resistant™) and will be on the next fight out to SeaTac Interglactic Aeroport. Just let me pack some trail maps...

Edited by DragonsWest

Eh I give it a 6.

I'm not really feelin' the entitlement, expectation, and h8.

:anibad: Now that is a statement! Anybody feel like GPSrs are too controlling?

If regulars are no longer in the majority, then will they really be regulars?

If we started that new nano catagory that people have been talking about then they wouldn't be regulars anymore, they would be large and the next size would have to be extra large.

Or we could go the other way, and make a SUPER large catagory, where people start using old cars abandoned in the woods or sheds for cache containers,

Where even the 55 gallon drum I found as a cache (full of 3500 film cans, one of which held the log) would only be a large size

And then your regular caches would be smalls

From the looks of the lists of caches there is a limit on them already.

I was wondering when there was going to be a limit on stupid posts !! but I guess that's wishful thinking.

SS

If we got rid of all non-micro caches, it would mostly eliminate all the whining about swag. I'm in.

wow, all micros could even end the whining about lost travel bugs.

Just do away with them. All caches would be too small for TB's.

This could be better than I imagined.

don't think so - GC's would just get smaller so they could fit in film canisters - then more would get lost at the bottom of our geocaching bags - i reckon we should just ban caches all together, then we wouldn't have to walk into woods to look for them? :anibad::rolleyes::unsure: after all I am made to go out against my will in lovely weather and enjoy the exercise and the stunning views - all to look for tupperware in the woods!! :drama::drama:

I was wondering when there was going to be a limit on stupid posts !! but I guess that's wishful thinking.

SS

Well I don't see anything stupid about this post. We have countless posts on limiting micros, no more micros, micros are bad and so. Oh, never mind, I get it now, your a micro lover. Got it.

If there was a ban on all containers, we would not need to worry about whether there were too many caches of any particular size, if the iphone can be used to place a cache, or whether one will be mistaken for a bomb. And since new virtuals are no longer permitted on this site, the reviewers would have more time to take the Groundspeak jet to a remote South Pacific Island for the traditional parties. It works out for everyone!

Edited by mulvaney

Ugh, micros. :anibad:

Lets see. People get warnings for generically referring to cache maggots as "anti social idiots". A thread gets closed for using the GD word yesterday after 7 posts. But this obvious troll thread blatently mocking someone who with 2 posts who started a their own thread has been allowed to go on for 29 posts? I'm seeing a little inconsistency here. :anibad:

Is there really a Wally World? Your right walking miles will kill you. Here's a hobby for you. TV.

So if I post in this thread does that make me one of the cool kids?

Every time I find an ammo can in the woods I am mad at how easy it was to find because of how big it was.

I bring spare bison tubes with me for just such a purpose. Also I need more ammo cans for my collection at home.

This is how many I have so far:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4636/70...4271839bcee.jpg

I'm planning on hitting my local state park soon that has about 30 in it. I need to get some more bison tubes first though, so I need to hit up a couple more micros on the way there.

Edited by TABjuggler

Every time I find an ammo can in the woods I am mad at how easy it was to find because of how big it was.

I bring spare bison tubes with me for just such a purpose. Also I need more ammo cans for my collection at home.

I'm planning on hitting my local state park soon that has about 30 in it. I need to get some more bison tubes first though, so I need to hit up a couple more micros on the way there.

Are you going to put them in a display case?

regulars as in cachers/forum user?

you mean someone is tossing them out in the woods?

i have only 1656 finds, am i a "regular"? :) :)

You have more finds than you do forum posts... so sorry, you don't qualify as a "regular."

I have seen a local Geocaching forum where you are referred to as a micro, small, regular or large, depending on your post count. Of course hardly anyone posts there.

i have only 1656 finds, am i a "regular"? :o:huh:

You have more finds than you do forum posts... so sorry, you don't qualify as a "regular."

that's good news, it means i don't have to walk around looking over my shoulder for fear of being tossed in the woods :)

going to stop logging my finds now :)

I have seen a local Geocaching forum where you are referred to as a micro, small, regular or large, depending on your post count. Of course hardly anyone posts there.

so that's why there's so many micros out there :)

i have only 1656 finds, am i a "regular"? :) :)

If you get to "large" can you use "Smiling Bob" as your avatar? According to the commercial, he's now living large.

Lets see. People get warnings for generically referring to cache maggots as "anti social idiots". A thread gets closed for using the GD word yesterday after 7 posts. But this obvious troll thread blatently mocking someone who with 2 posts who started a their own thread has been allowed to go on for 29 posts? I'm seeing a little inconsistency here. :)

After 4229 posts you're just now seeing inconsistencies in forum moderation? That's a good one.

Lets see. People get warnings for generically referring to cache maggots as "anti social idiots". A thread gets closed for using the GD word yesterday after 7 posts. But this obvious troll thread blatently mocking someone who with 2 posts who started a their own thread has been allowed to go on for 29 posts? I'm seeing a little inconsistency here. :)

After 4229 posts you're just now seeing inconsistencies in forum moderation? That's a good one.

Yes, a real knee slapper. :) Just that there have been many more inconsistencies as of late. Don't bother me, I think it's a fun thread. But if you're going to overmoderate, overmoderate.

SS

Well I don't see anything stupid about this post. We have countless posts on limiting micros, no more micros, micros are bad and so. Oh, never mind, I get it now, your a micro lover. Got it.

Not at all just think we have enough limitations, don"t need anymore.

SS

Are you going to put them in a display case?

You should decorate the side of you house with them, and paint them different colors, and grow flowers in some of them :)

Frankly, the solution is obvious, and should satisfy all haters of micros, smalls, regular, larges, or otherwise. Henceforth, all caches shall be designated as one of Venti, Uber, Grande, Molto, or Timmy.

Venti is larger than Uber (except on Tuesday, or when the cache is placed within 0.12674mi of a barbed wire fence). The relative sizes of the others are, of course, self-explanatory.

See? I'm a uniter, not a divider. Gotta think outside the box folks.

Frankly, the solution is obvious, and should satisfy all haters of micros, smalls, regular, larges, or otherwise. Henceforth, all caches shall be designated as one of Venti, Uber, Grande, Molto, or Timmy.

Venti is larger than Uber (except on Tuesday, or when the cache is placed within 0.12674mi of a barbed wire fence). The relative sizes of the others are, of course, self-explanatory.

See? I'm a uniter, not a divider. Gotta think outside the box folks.

Venti would imply that it is 20 ounces exactly though... do you really want to limit folks that much? (Kidding) :D

Hmmm, interesting topic. I think geograpic area would need to be considered also; we live in the White Mountains of NH where there are loads of places to hide "regulars". Maybe some guidelines should be applied ..."x" feet/miles between cache locations. Perhaps this should apply to "all" types of caches!

We personally enjoy the "regular" caches; gives that true "treasure hunt" feel. Our kids are grown now, but I'm not sure how much Geocaching they would have enjoyed without all those regular caches.

Just our humble opinion :D

...as soon as we get rid of internet trolls...

internet-troll-college-humor.jpg

This is an interesting comment. Is there some reason you did not make the same comment in the "when are we going to limit micros" thread? Perhaps limiting one size is more politically correct than another size. I believe in equality of size.

This is an interesting comment. Is there some reason you did not make the same comment in the "when are we going to limit micros" thread? Perhaps limiting one size is more politically correct than another size. I believe in equality of size.

Perhaps because those threads are usually someone who, however misguided, really wants to improve the game. This thread was just someone trying to stir the pot.

sell your GPS'r and take up knitting.
Stop looking for caches and maybe take up needle point instead.

But I took up geocaching because I suck at knitting and needlepoint. *Sigh.*

I found a knitting kit as swag in a regular, so now I knit my own containers. Sure, they don't hold up well in the elements, but they're not near as heavy during those long walks to the end of a geotrail.

Perhaps because those threads are usually someone who, however misguided, really wants to improve the game. This thread was just someone trying to stir the pot.

and how is the game improved by limiting the caches that can be placed? I've done some pretty awesome micros and likewise have done some pretty awful regulars. And I've even done a nano with swag. I have yet to find a correlation between size and quality of the hide.