Question to cacher´s in Czech Republic

The Gimli team

I have never been to Zlate Hory, but I would expect that some places (cafés, hotels) will provide free wifi connection. At least the local information center provides free public internet service.

If you want to be truly mobile, then you will need to purchase internet access through one of the GSM operators. There are three of them in Czech Republic: Telefonica O2, T-Mobile and Vodafone. All of them work OK, if I should recommend one then it is probably Vodafone. They seem to have good coverage in Zlate Hory, although you cannot expect 3G connection there. How it works: Visit some Vodafone shop, buy a prepaid card (200 CZK), ask them to activate the mobile internet for you. For prepaid cards they offer daily tariff (17 CZK / day). Obviously, you will need to deposit some money on the card. More details are here. After the SIM card is activated you put it in your GSM phone or modem and connect as usually.

Note: 1 EUR = 25 CZK approx.

Edited by kulhal