trackable inventory list

two bison

When one is going to drop a trackable while logging a find we have a new way for them to be listed below the log dialog box.

Currently, the trackables are listed alphabetically by the name of the travel bug (column 2). It would facilitate dropping or visiting if they were listed aphabetically by ID number (column 1). That is what we know when we have it with us out in the field and want to make a note of what we dropped where. The names are very interesting to the owners but not so much so for the folks moving them along.

Really? I know all my travelers by their names (not my personal tbs but the ones I move). I only input their numbers once, but I photo all my tbs/gcs on pick up/drop off and label them by name. I honestly wouldn't know which bug was which if I only had the numbers...

When one is going to drop a trackable while logging a find we have a new way for them to be listed below the log dialog box.

Currently, the trackables are listed alphabetically by the name of the travel bug (column 2). It would facilitate dropping or visiting if they were listed aphabetically by ID number (column 1). That is what we know when we have it with us out in the field and want to make a note of what we dropped where. The names are very interesting to the owners but not so much so for the folks moving them along.

Not a challenge as I am interested in what you are attempting, but how would I correlate the travelers I placed in a cache with the ones in my inventory?

Really? I know all my travelers by their names (not my personal tbs but the ones I move). I only input their numbers once, but I photo all my tbs/gcs on pick up/drop off and label them by name. I honestly wouldn't know which bug was which if I only had the numbers...

Too funny. :anibad:

Not a challenge as I am interested in what you are attempting, but how would I correlate the travelers I placed in a cache with the ones in my inventory?

Oh, I don't know, maybe you'd write the number down when you picked it up and then make note of that number when you dropped it off (so you'd remember where you dropped it) for logging later after the caching has ended for the day.

Huh...somehow I missed the funny part.

Oh, I don't know, maybe you'd write the number down when you picked it up and then make note of that number when you dropped it off (so you'd remember where you dropped it) for logging later after the caching has ended for the day.

I put the number in the system when I grab the bug at GZ. It's the one and only time I'll notice the number. After that, it's all done via my inventory list and iPhone.

Gotcha now. I completely agree

Sort by tracking number.

Huh...somehow I missed the funny part.

My fault. I thought you were being sarcastic. Instead you either memorize or make note of the name of the trackable when you log it in and use that note or memory to drop it in the next cache. I'm guessing that you don't hold them too long or have so many (I have 7 or 8 right now for the next run) that you need to have the number or name in any sort of long term memory. Since I don't log until the end of the day having the trackable lists below the logging box in alphabetical order by ID would help me. I only see the name of the trackable when I log it in and I don't make any note of it since it isn't on the trackable when I drop it ... the number is. It is usually several days between pick up and drop off so that the trackables get some miles.

Maybe I should consider an iPhone. From the looks of your recent logs you're in and out with ease and don't just log as "TFTC" but give the owners something specific for their cache. I think they appreciate it. The more I think about it the more I'm liking the idea of "log on the fly." Thanks for the information.

Gotcha now. I completely agree

Sort by tracking number.

Ya sure, you betcha.

Just so you know when I say I completely agree, I mean it.

Sometimes I'm going to ask questions. Now I understand what you meant (although I should have caught on sooner)