Trackable Etiquette

Just found a cache with about 5 coins and a bug. I grabbed all of them to log discoveries and left the coin I had with me behind.

EDIT: I meant to say "retrievals"

Did I take too many? Should I put some back?

Also, I was planning on going to an event that I bailed on at the last minute but logged the trackable under will attend. Now it has 30 miles on it that it shouldn't. What should I do?

Edited by TABjuggler

Just found a cache with about 5 coins and a bug. I grabbed all of them to log discoveries and left the coin I had with me behind.

Also, I was planning on going to an event that I bailed on at the last minute but logged the trackable under will attend. Now it has 30 miles on it that it shouldn't. What should I do?

Bit of terminology - Logging a Discover means that you saw them but didn't take them with you.

Taking as many travelers as you can assist is perfectly fine.

As for logging them into a cache (event) that you didn't attend, delete the drops and post a Note with an explanation. It's not a bad idea to pre-drop into an event but fixing the tracking shouldn't be a crime.

Edited by BlueDeuce

If you took them, you shouldn't log "Discover", you should log "Retrieve".

Edit: BD beat me to it.

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Cache

If you took them, you shouldn't log "Discover", you should log "Retrieve".

Edit: BD beat me to it.

Yeah, I was definitely going to log them as "retrieved", I didn't even realize that the "discover" option was designed to be used that way (just noticing them there and not taking them).

Basically there is a mystery cache I want to do at some point that revolves around having discovered a certain amounts of travel bugs and coins (of different types). Now that I know this, I will correctly use the word "retrieved" from now on.

So there is nothing wrong with taking as many trackables in a cache as there are if you plan on finding good homes for all of them in a reasonable amount of time?

One of them doesn't have a goal on the trackable page? What do I do with a trackable that doesn't have a mission? :)

Move it to another cache.

OR Take it on an adventure, take photos, tell stories, have fun.

edit: missing: an

Edited by BlueDeuce