Creative cache containers

I've seen rubber snakes tied TO containers.....that may be easier than using the snake itself as far as keeping the logbook dry. One really got me. There was a deep hole in a tree....there was a stick hanging out of the hole with a rope tied to it. Oh, I found the cache! Pulled the roped thinking I'd see a container when this snake head come jutting out of the hole. I FREAKED yet my daughter had nerves of steel. She thought I had lost my mind. Still one of my favorite geocaching moments.

We have run across a rubber snake cache. It was one probably similar to what the OP is describing. This one had a small piece of metal glued onto the underbelly of the snake and then a really, really small magnetic nano (you know the kind!) attached to the metal. Unfortunately, the glue selected did not hold up well with exposure to the elements and so the metal had come loose from the snake and we found the two within a close proximity and figured out what happened. We found the snake first - it was a little unnerving - and thought it must have something to do with the cache. Then looking closer in the immediate area, we found the nano attached to the small piece of metal with old glue residue. Snakes -- oogie!

While the snake container idea is out of the ordinary, which I tend to love, the idea in and of itself is not new and unique. In my caching career, I bet I've found AT MINIMUM six cache containers made out of a rubber snake. Now, that does not mean I wouldn't like to see more. Just pointing out that it's been done before. Now if you build a cache container to look like a severed hand or a foot or maybe even a finger, now THAT's a cool cache container. :anibad::rolleyes:

*spoiler alert for "Freddy Kreuger's Grab"*

There's a multi in Germany with a "Nightmare on Elm Street" theme, and one of the stages is Freddy Kreuger's razor glove. It's hidden in an old boiler. Very creepy cache, very well done.

*spoiler alert for "Freddy Kreuger's Grab"*

There's a multi in Germany with a "Nightmare on Elm Street" theme, and one of the stages is Freddy Kreuger's razor glove. It's hidden in an old boiler. Very creepy cache, very well done.

Uh oh... watch out. You might have to go sit in the corner too. (But it's okay, we have pie.)

This is the craziest! Alright, check it out, you walk up to what seems like a normal light pole, you see these all around right? Well get this, I found a cache UNDER the lamp skirt!! OMG I never expected it. It was only a 1 star difficulty tho!

29912_1378631663960_1176952975_30983251_5381515_n.jpg

I kid

This is the craziest! Alright, check it out, you walk up to what seems like a normal light pole, you see these all around right? Well get this, I found a cache UNDER the lamp skirt!! OMG I never expected it. It was only a 1 star difficulty tho!

Talk about wow. How the heck did you ever find it? And rated a 1 for difficulty, what was the CO thinking?

I haven't found a rubber snake, but I did find a rubber aligator under a wooden walkway in a swampy area.

The best animal I found was out in the woods.

My boyfriend of the time was ahead of me, headed off on an animal trail into the woods.

All of a sudden he yelled and jumped back.

It was a fake wild pig. Full sized. Yes it was the cache.

I've seen fake squirrels, elfs, and other animals, which caches stuck in unhealthy places. :anibad: