Black Walnut Geotrail (West Virginia)

WVangler

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce the Black Walnut Geotrail for anyone in the Mid-Atlantic area who may be interested in a caching trip in West Virginia. The kickoff event will be Sept. 4 in Spencer, WV.

Kickoff Event

Here is a website I threw together for the trail itself.

I personally went to the local Chamber of Commerce and presented them with this idea. They loved it and agreed to help fund it (essentially = buy 100 geocoins and 10 stamps). Everything else has been donated by myself except for some containers by Country Roads and some container housings constructed by TheWatts. Organizing this has been a lot more work than I realized, but I hope it is successful and we get lots of great response.

There will be one site built into the ExploreWV Geocoin Challenge in Spencer as well so if you can't make it to the kickoff event, this would be a great peripheral trail to hit while you work on that challenge after it is published. Spencer is located roughly 1 hour north of Charleston and 50 minutes SE of Parkersburg. It can be accessed from I-77 or I-79. It is about 3 hours from Columbus, OH and 5 hours from the north end of Charlotte, NC.

WVAngler

Edited by WVangler