Bookmark someone's bookmark

TeamTettamanti

I found a few bookmark lists from other geocachers and would love to use his entries. Putting in each cache to an exact list of "mine" sounds silly since there is one already created. Is there a way to use someone elses bookmarks and call it my own?
It does sound silly, to be honest. Why would you want to do something like that? I suppose if you really wanted to, you could go through a bookmark, cache by cache, and add each cache to your own bookmark list.
I found a few bookmark lists from other geocachers and would love to use his entries. Putting in each cache to an exact list of "mine" sounds silly since there is one already created. Is there a way to use someone elses bookmarks and call it my own?
It does sound silly, to be honest. Why would you want to do something like that? I suppose if you really wanted to, you could go through a bookmark, cache by cache, and add each cache to your own bookmark list.

For collections....There is a series in SoCal called ATW80 (Around the world in 80 Days). There are 80 caches that someone has already bookmarked. I like the idea and want to remember to do these, but don't want to do a bookmark that someone already has done. It would be easier to just click a button to "copy" his bookmark somehow. Is there a way to do that?

If your issue if being able to find the bookmark list later when you want it, you can just make a bookmark with one the caches. Then when you go to that cache page you can access the bookmark lists for that cache.

Or is there some reason you need the bookmark list to be "yours"?

Great idea....that works for us....a bit cumbersome, but it will do what we want. It doesn't have to be "ours" per se, just easier to see all items in the collection without having to do the workaround.

Or is there some reason you need the bookmark list to be "yours"?

Yes... because I often delete or change my bookmark lists so if someone has marked one of my lists and then I go change it they no longer have the list they were really interested in.

BTW... that's really the reason I don't make my lists public. I'm always changing something in them as I plan out possible trips or our weekly expeditions.

make it a PQ with one click, link is at the bottom of the page :ph34r:

Edited by t4e