Nightmare!

Want.

Paperless, OS maps, accurate, good battery life, readable at all times. Dont leave UK too often but occasionally go to Europe and sometimes India, Sri Lanka, Madeira. Would like to be able to use it for Geocaching there too. Budget about max £250. Any reccomendations please?

Osi

Want.

Paperless, OS maps, accurate, good battery life, readable at all times. Dont leave UK too often but occasionally go to Europe and sometimes India, Sri Lanka, Madeira. Would like to be able to use it for Geocaching there too. Budget about max £250. Any reccomendations please?

Osi

I recommend a Garmin Oregon. Look at the various features vs. price of the various models to make your choice. You can ignore maps and plan on using the high quality free OSM maps.

Edited by Wes_and_Miles

Decided on an Oregon 450..Just want to ask should i get the "T" or forget about UK maps. From what I can find out all of the OS maps are available free? Is that correct?

Thats what everyone says. But i got the 450t and i also downloaded some of the free "high quality" maps,and to be honest i haven't found any free ones that i like better than what came on it.

Decided on an Oregon 450..Just want to ask should i get the "T" or forget about UK maps. From what I can find out all of the OS maps are available free? Is that correct?

Thats what everyone says. But i got the 450t and i also downloaded some of the free "high quality" maps,and to be honest i haven't found any free ones that i like better than what came on it.

The 450t doesn't come with street maps; it comes with 100K topo maps. If he wants street maps he will still have to buy/download them for the Oregon 450t.

I agree that the 450 is the best choice for the money.

The 450t doesn't come with street maps; it comes with 100K topo maps. If he wants street maps he will still have to buy/download them for the Oregon 450t.

I agree that the 450 is the best choice for the money.

all sorted thanks. Got the 550. Downoaded all the maps I wanted for free. Quite happy. Now need to learn how to drive it.

Edited by geosibisa