Earthcache placement

Jedi Cacher

I have been wanting to place an Earthcache at a particular location for about the past 2 years. I was in the area and finally received permission to have my Earthcache placed at the location. I have one Earthcache that I placed a year ago- GC1WHNH, so I am familiar with the guidelines. However, I noticed there are now new guidelines. I remember the old guidelines stating that an Earthcache can be placed near a physical cache if there was permission granted by the cache owner. Does anybody know the criteria of placing an Earthcache within 600ft of a traditional cache?

To the best of my knowledge, the following section of the Geocaching Guidelines applies:

Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.

That being said, I've heard that some Reviewers may ask you to not duplicate coordinates of an existing Listing so that they be more clearly differentiated on the maps.

To the best of my knowledge, the following section of the Geocaching Guidelines applies:

Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.

That being said, I've heard that some Reviewers may ask you to not duplicate coordinates of an existing Listing so that they be more clearly differentiated on the maps.

Thanks for the info as that would make sense. I have seen Earthcaches published this year that are within the 600ft of Virtual caches, so I don't see why this wouldn't also apply to Traditional caches too. My Earthcache coordinates are not the same as the nearby Traditional cache, but they are about 400ft away. I have to utilize these coordinates as they are for an observation deck.

Too bad there is no longer a contact on the Earthcache site to submit my question, so thought I would give it a try on the forums. Might contact my local reviewer to see what she can find out.