The Lost Travel Bugs "Milk Carton" Thread

RAD Dad

Remember when they used to post pictures of missing kids on the back of milk cartons? Well this thread is for posting pictures of you missing travel bugs. Feel free, post a picture, a description, time last seen....and even a personalized message for your travel bug....in case it is sitting near the screen of it's abductors computer and happens to read this.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

Missing In Action: Unit 14

5747_200.jpg

Last seen in "Park it in the Orchard" by Globaltrek (who placed it there) and Scottb who arrived next, but did not take it. It was not there two days later, when Oregone arrived at the cache.

Unit 14, find your way to the nearest station, if you can see this, we are going to deploy a team of search and rescue HumVees. Stay tough. To Unit 14's abductor, please, do the right thing, place Unit 14 in the nearest Geocache to be found by a responsible member of the Geocaching crew. No one needs to know who you are or anything. Just release Unit 14, please.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by RAD Dad:

Missing In Action: Unit 14

http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/5747_200.jpg

Last seen in "Park it in the Orchard" by Globaltrek (who placed it there) and Scottb who arrived next, but did not take it. It was not there two days later, when Oregone arrived at the cache.

Unit 14, find your way to the nearest station, if you can see this, we are going to deploy a team of search and rescue HumVees. Stay tough. To Unit 14's abductor, please, do the right thing, place Unit 14 in the nearest Geocache to be found by a responsible member of the Geocaching crew. No one needs to know who you are or anything. Just release Unit 14, please.

I'll give odds Unit 14 is in a young child's toybox and the parent(s) or parent has found less than 10 caches.

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"

No, not simply an unexperienced cacher...I had attached to Unit 14 a tag along with the "dog tag" which explained what Unit 14 was, it's goals as well as how to log it in online, including web address and all. Unless the person was illiterate, lack of experience would not be a valid explanation.

quote:
Originally posted by RAD Dad:

No, not simply an unexperienced cacher...I had attached to Unit 14 a tag along with the "dog tag" which explained what Unit 14 was, it's goals as well as how to log it in online, including web address and all. Unless the person was illiterate, lack of experience would not be a valid explanation.

This is what drives me nuts! I'm watching 3 bugs that are MIA and all have been picked up by newbies. That's a bit understandable. A few others have recently been traveling again because I explained to the finders via e-mail what to do with them.

I'm floored when you say you went to the trouble of attaching directions and other information and they still go MIA.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Smoochnme

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"

Perhaps you should consider membership as a way to avoid less dedicated cachers. Membership would grant you access to the ever increasing amount of members only cache's that the n00bs cant see! suuuh weee huh? Anyway sounds good to me and i have the same problems icon_smile.gif

T 3 a |/| B a || D i 7 0

(Team Bandito) from oHIGHo just so u knoW

Perhaps you should consider membership as a way to avoid less dedicated cachers. Membership would grant you access to the ever increasing amount of members only cache's that the n00bs cant see! suuuh weee huh? Anyway sounds good to me and i have the same problems icon_smile.gif

T 3 a |/| B a || D i 7 0

T 3 a |/| B a || D i 7 0

MeMeP00l bLog!

T 3 a |/| B a || D i 7 0

MeMeP00l bLog!