Hey Y'all!

PalmettoBuckeye

I can't wait to get started! I'm waiting for my GPSr to arrive and reading the site and forums to get prepared. My husband and I were looking for a new hobby that would get us out and about. I even saw that two caches are placed within a quarter mile of where I work. If the temps weren't in the high 90's I might have ventured out with just the car Garmin.

Happy Hunting!

Welcome to Geocaching! Congrats on your new GPSr! This is a very fun game that will get you outdoors, thinking and having great adventures.

There's a lot of good info on the forums in the stickies. This forum can be pretty hostile to newbies but just ignore those posters.

The links in the mods signatures are very helpful. Have fun out there!

Welcome! You can use your nuvi to geocache. I found my first 450 or so that way. After you park set it to off road. It's not as fast, reliable, or sturdy but it will work in the meantime. I've cached out Beaufort and downtown Charleston. There's great caches around there.

Welcome! You can use your nuvi to geocache. I found my first 450 or so that way. After you park set it to off road. It's not as fast, reliable, or sturdy but it will work in the meantime. I've cached out Beaufort and downtown Charleston. There's great caches around there.

450?! Here I thought it wouldn't be any good for geocaching!