Funniest Travel Bugs

GoldKey

Just got this travel bug and found its goal funny.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=3491

Anyone else come across a bug with a humorous goal?

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

[This message was edited by GoldKey on November 11, 2002 at 06:11 PM.]

[This message was edited by GoldKey on November 11, 2002 at 06:12 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Dekaner of Team KKF2A:

I'd rather see original interesting bugs like the one about the Magnetic Poetry than just another commercial figurine.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

I'm not talking about the figure, my point was bugs with funny GOALS. Did you read the goal for this one, it seems that the bug is part of a practical joke.

"We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the Borg."

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Drum roll please....

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=8080979883&m=9540931983&r=7550924324

And amazingly enough, the first bug to start the thread is the same one.

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

Markwell, you should just start randomly "markwelling" past threads as new posts. Just start several new "markwells" a day and then there wouldn't be anyone starting threads that have already been done....except for you of course. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll take special credit on this one, though. I thought that the bug in question was the FUNNIEST thing I had seen in many days. I was immediately trying to come up with a way of doing the same exact thing to a high school buddy of mine.

So I put the bug on my watch list, and have been laughing all the while.

I still am working on a way to get my friend...

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I'll take special credit on this one, though. I thought that the bug in question was the FUNNIEST thing I had seen in many days. I was immediately trying to come up with a way of doing the same exact thing to a high school buddy of mine.

So I put the bug on my watch list, and have been laughing all the while.

I still am working on a way to get my friend...

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

That's funny because after I saw it, I started thinking the same thing....FedEx, beware. icon_biggrin.gif

I just added Fat Bas**** to my watch list. What a hoot. I hope I can grab him when he heads north. Heck I'd drive south just to get him. I'm thinking of taking a TB from CT to FL jsut to make sure it gets where it's going and visit relatives and cache my way all the way down. Maybe I could combine the two bugs in one trip!

And on another not, check out this shot of the FBTB: looks like the geologo guy is running away with the ice cream on the label....... well sort of, (right above where it says Dreyer's)

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

[This message was edited by Planet on November 12, 2002 at 03:02 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

I just added Fat Bas**** to my watch list. What a hoot. I hope I can grab him when he heads north. Heck I'd drive south just to get him. I'm thinking of taking a TB from CT to FL jsut to make sure it gets where it's going and visit relatives and cache my way all the way down. Maybe I could combine the two bugs in one trip!

He is sitting on my desk right now, I am still trying to decide where to put him, so if anyone has any ideas or really wants to get ahold of him, let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by mrplug:

Curiousity got the best of me and I just called this guy a minute ago. He's hilarious. He knows about the joke and why he's getting the calls. Says he got called earlier today from Tallahassee, FL.

What a riot!

Wonder who let the cat out of the bag.

Why can't people follow instructions? The funniest Travel Bug just lost it's purpose in life because someone told. Not fair! Think how many cachers are now not able to be in on the joke. Does anyone know how this happened?!!? Did he guess? Was he told?

Cache you later,

Planet

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny & Chaos:

If you can get him over to I-95, Chaos & I would love to run down & get him & move him up the interstate a ways.

Am thinking about going to Jax one day over Thanksgiving for some Christmas shopping, if you know of an easy to get to cache there, I can see what I can do.

Chris

I'm new to this game and have found 15 cache's so far. I thought it would be nice to add a travel bug. My accomplice Tess came up with this great idea. We want to see how many Bigfoot sightings we can see across North America. IF you should find him and have a camers please take your picture with him and post it for us .......Thanks in advance. Have a look at out T.B.

]http://img.Groundspeak.com/track/18840_200.jpg[/img]

I too have been following this bug's journey for almost a year now!

Since his goal is to make it to someplace near were I live, I've been watching closely, hoping that I could make the final delivery.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

is one of the funniest things going on this website, and there is some pretty stiff competition. I had stumbled across the earlier thread a while back, and after reading this one decided to add him to my watch list as well. I'm number 102!! What other cache/TB and that many accounts watching it/him/her???? Too funny icon_biggrin.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by GoldKey:

He is sitting on my desk right now, I am still trying to decide where to put him, so if anyone has any ideas or really wants to get ahold of him, let me know.

Man, put him towards the AL coast -- there are a few caches on Dauphin Island. I'd love to catch him if he comes through Birmingham! I'm heading to the beach ASAP, but no definate date yet... icon_frown.gif

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Well, I thought one of my bug goals was pretty entertaining; figures that it's been done before! I didn't think to check until earlier today to search for "beer" in the travel bugs. Ah, well -- he'll have a fun journey, just the same... I hope!

Check out Bosco, the Beer-Swilling Bass

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I have 108 bug tags, but have only listed 43 so far. I have only completed a few back stories. I have had a blast doing these bug pages. I'm pretty proud of Crabby McBloater: The Spirit of PMS and UNGABUNGABUNGA! Bingbanga Binga-BUNN-GA.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/find.asp?A=106882

Collectively they are Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans Travel Bug Army and their main goal is to get at least one on each of the 7 continents simultaneously.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=27797

I'm really sorry I missed the event where this one came into being. This has to be among the biggest TBs as well.

Will be interesting to see where Cindy goes after this. Nice concept.

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.