My Formal Apology To Jeanine

Dear Jeanine,

I would like to publicly apologize for my actions. I mistook you for another poster who has been causing problems on our forums recently. This is not your fault, but mine.

I take full responsibility for my actions and for encouraging others to think ill of you as well. I had no right to act in this manner. It was behavior unbecoming of a geocacher and unbecoming of a fellow human being.

Please understand that all geocaches are required to have adequate permission before they are hidden. Furthermore, the guidelines we go by do not allow digging to either hide or find a geocache. It has come to my attention that the person who hid this cache was a child and this was an honest mistake on his part

I would like to personally apologize for any damage even though I do not live in your area. As a geocacher, I realize that this does not bode well for our hobby.

I would like to clear up all the misunderstandings, but I'm afraid that the more I talk the deeper I stick my foot in my mouth.

I realize that there is really nothing I can do or offer to right what was wronged. But I am a man of my word and I made an offer in good faith and that I had wished to fulfill.

It was not so much to replace the plants. I realize that you can't just replace the plants any more than you could bring back someone's pet. But it was my gesture of apology for my actions.

It was brought to my attention that this offer was both inappropriate and not appreciated and I understand fully why it would be taken as such. I retract that offer.

Basically, I feel awful for the way I have behaved. There is not much else I know to do but to say it again and then leave you in peace.

I am wholeheartedly sorry for the way I behaved in the forums today. Please accept that and if you can't, I understand.

Sincerely,

Geobain